“Basic bargain”

Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
London, United Kingdom
“Basic bargain”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

For a place to rest tour head with a reasonable breakfast, this is fine. The sheets were clean and the hot water worked.
Vilnius is a cute city, but pretty much the Old Town is the place to be. This hotel is at the southern tip of the Old town but for three fortysomething guys on a boozy weekend it was fine. We could walk the whole town South to North in about 20 mins.
I would use it again if I could get the same deal 28 Euro per night.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor it has low ceilings
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Ireland
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for one night - made booking on www.booking.com website and requested bright & quiet room. On check in I asked if the room is quiet - the receptionist told me it's facing main street and might be noisy, when I aksed if I could get another room she explained that the rooms on other side would be more quiet but the room would have two single beds instead of one double. I decided to stay in the room with double bed. I would really think they should take a note to guests requests especially when you book the room in advance.Checked in, left my bags and went for lunch - on my return at around 6pm came back to my room and it was so noisy i could not sleep - went to reception and asked if I can change the room was told 'NO' as she said they were fully booked. I wasn't very happy about this situation so came back to my room but then I was so suprised when i went online and there was rooms to sell for the same night!? Could not believe this!! Finally I asleep... Went to breakfast room at around 7.30 am there were many people around but there was nobody from the hotel to assist as the person was too busy talking to other staff in the small room by the breakfast room!! After all I better pay more money and stay in different place then stay in this hotel.I know hotel is close to bus/train station but all local people know it is bad area and nobody would walk around this area in the evning so really think before you book it. The only one advantage - wireles internet.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Berlin, Deutschland
Reviewed September 12, 2011

the hotel has a good location, close to bus and train station and withing easy walking distance to the old town and most sights... breakfast was okay and if you get a good rate its a good choice. rooms can be noisy if your neighbours are loud because the walls seem to be rather thin... let the receptionist know if you have problems with noisy neighbours at night, they will take care of it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Finland
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Very basic hotel in good location near Vilnius old town. Room was very small and no wardrome to put your clothes in. I stored my things on windowsill. Breakfast ok.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Pros: very good price, free wifi in rooms, decent breakfast with both warm and cold dishes, warm dishes slightly different each day and both days included tasty sausages and baked beans (though bland boiled vegetables), location near train station and great local market as well as supermarket, about 5 minute walk to town hall.

Cons: not the fastest wifi ever, internet access in lobby broken, elevator sensor on ground floor broken and elevator sensor on 3rd floor worked all the way up until the last day, maid service made the beds (not with fresh sheets) both days and provided fresh towels but did not vacuum the floor even though some crumbs spilled out of my rucksack, location in not the nicest part of town, streets a little run down, bathrooms clean but some not very aesthetically pleasing black mildew in the grout, street noise very loud, shower water usually didn't become hot until middle to end of shower, surly reception guy when we first arrived, and when we left our baggage for the day in a side room, door was wide open when we came back and we walked right in to get our stuff, which didn't seem very secure -- but at least nothing was taken!

Overall, I would stay here again, but I'd probably hunt around next time to see if there was something that didn't cost too much more and might be a little nicer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I wasn't too happy when I first got to Vilnius or this hotel. I walked from the train station in the evening & everything seemed scary – the park by the hotel with the homeless people sleeping in it, the area on the way to the hotel & the hotel itself. The hotel wasn’t lit up. The 1st room I was given was on the 5th floor. The elevator goes to 4. I lugged my baggage up there & found a horrible room. It was ridiculously small & had a dormer roof. At 5 feet tall I could only stand in the very middle of the room. There was a slanted roof over the bed & over the desk. The toilet ran. The only window lifted a few inches in the roof. A thin piece of paper covered the window. I can’t imagine how hot the room gets! The sun must wake you up very early esp in July. One plus is that it was very quiet up there. I returned to the front desk & asked for another room. The man at the front desk did offer me another room on the 2nd floor. As others have said, the hotel is very noisy. You can hear the people talking in the other rooms. I was awakened nightly as people used the parking area behind the hotel, talked very loudly & a truck dumped trash at 4 AM beeping as it backed up. I’m not sure what the trash situation was. It almost sounded like the truck was dumping bottles into a trash bin. I can’t imagine why it happened at 4 AM & why they were dumping here??? At least that only happened 2 of my 5 nights there. There’s no dresser or wardrobe to put your clothes, just a bar on the wall with a few hangers in front of the mirror. The towels are rather thin & worn. The room appears clean when you get it but the maid doesn’t seem to do more than exchange towels & make the bed. There was something in my sink the entire time that I was there. Breakfast was OK. All the front desk personnel were very nice & helpful when asked. I’m not so sure this is a 3-star hotel. I would give it 2.5 stars. It’s comparable to a Days’ Inn. The hotel is closer to the Old Town than I originally thought. It’s about 3 minutes away from All Saints Church. When I walked from the Gates of Dawn it was longer & scarier. When you come from the Town Hall follow the street with Hugo Boss on your left. All Saints Church will be on your left of that street right before you leave Old Town. The internet in the lobby did not work. I asked to use the internet at their sister hotel “Panorama”, which was arranged. You need coins to operate the internet. It took a little getting used to but after a few days I felt more comfortable here.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 5th floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Berkeley, California
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights while in Vilnius. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the bus station. Old town is about a 10 minute walk and Gediminas Street is about a 15 minute walk. My room was clean and had free WIFI. Typical European breakfast was included. As other reviewers said, the walls are very thin and you can easily hear people talking in the other room. The staff was friendly, helpful, and spoke great English. I would recommend staying here for the value and quality, but I like to be a little bit closer to all the action.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo