“Place for delicious business lunch”
Review of Stebuklai

Stebuklai
Ranked #151 of 864 Restaurants in Vilnius
Cuisines: European, Diner, Steakhouse, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Positive:
- very tasty quality food;
- menu of the day;
- pleasant service;
- you can sit outside.
Ok:
- location;
Negative:
- pretty expensive and weak wine list: we paid 40Lt for 2 glasses of wine...

1  Thank Konstantin T

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I loved the setting of this place and I think it is perfect for a dinner for 2. The waitresses are professional and smiling (this is not so common in Lithuania).
The selection of food is not big, but the quality and the presentation of the dishes are perfect.
Good wines selection. It is not a low-cost, but good price per quality.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went there with a friend for food and cocktails. food arrived before drinks? how is this possible? our cocktails took 20+ minutes to make, even though we ordered the same. the waitress was not attentive at all.. we were sitting there with empty plates, no drink and she only cleared them when she delivered our drink order.
had to wait a while before she came around again to ask her for our bill...then waiting again... more waiting...Waiting... people were sitting with empty glasses of wine...or waiting to order... just poor poor service. the food was nice, the drinks were average... not the place to have a good cocktail at all, quite a weak signature list and they don't seem to know their classics either...
what a shame...
it's said to be one of the best in Vilnius, sad.

1  Thank TimM951
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I went here before when it was lounge 311 and certainly its improved since then. The food is presented well but some of the flavors just didn't make me feel good. Service was sluggish and the waiters just didn't seem to care. The place was reasonably busy with people who seemed to have more money than sense, a place to be seen but probably not to eat.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I lived for thirty years in this city and I had to leave for "Stebuklai" (en: Miracles) to open, damn it. Anyway, I am back for a while and I find this is exactly the place that I missed for many years - unpretentious contemporary ambience and amazing focus on the food itself.

Huge modern inside space, quite a lot of tables (mostly empty when I came, mostly full when I left), and huge windows facing nothing. This place does not need windows, damnit, everything you have to look at will be on your table. Not much romance though and locals here will sure represent the rich segment.

International/fusion menu looked great and I went for five courses:

- Tuna tartar with roasted nori topping, wasabi caviar and kimchi mayo
- 63C/40min cooked farm egg appetizer with escargots, truffles and jerusalem artichoke and ... (OMG!!!)
- Oxtail soup
- 24h cooked veal tongue
- Wilted pear with chocolate & pistachio ice cream

Each of my choices was excellent and a departure from standard restaurant fare in Vilnius, reminding me of places I love in California way more than anything I experienced in Lithuania. At quite a discount - all the food was in ~40EUR range.

They did not spoil the tuna tartar with different presentation, egg appetizer would not be out of place at top class multiple star restaurants, oxtail soup was comfort-food-like, yet had enough of novelty and great taste. Veal tongue was a perfect main course for me, taste&texture played well with everything else on the plate, and left me all happy after the savory meals.

Desert was OK, though I have to admit, I expected more pear, less chocolate. From what I hear, pastry is still not the strongest side of this place.

Service was decent (as for Vilnius) - they needed a reminder or two though, so not entirely flawless, but generally were attentive and swiftly accommodated us with everything we needed.

What I really missed here - ability to go through more dishes at smaller portions - there were quite a few choices on the menu that I left out. I have few days left in town and I'm sure I'll squeeze in few more visits here. On the upside, they serve their menu whole day, it is not just dinner service, so that will be easy to accomplish :-)

If you are in Vilnius and have ever considered that you love food, this place should be atop your itinerary.