“Exceeded my expectations”

Meat Lovers Pub
Ranked #16 of 805 Restaurants in Vilnius
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Meat Lovers Pub is a perfect place to have a good home-made hamburger or a steak. A friend of mine commented that this was the best steak outside Argentina :)
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had read a review in the local "In your pocket" guide book and decided to give it a try. It was very busy but we were shown to a table and the menu is displayed on the wall. Both of us opted for steak, I was apprehensive but when it arrived it was wonderful. One of the best steaks I've had and soooo reasonable. For two of us with 2 steaks, 3 beers and 3 wines the total bill was Euro 34. Amazing value, delicious food and great friendly service.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank ChristinaHD

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Riga, Latvia
“Local stakes”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nicely marinated local stakes, prices slightly on the higher side, but well worth the visit if you want to try local meats. Recommended.
Book well in advance on weekends.

Visited September 2012
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Very good burgers, but not the service”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Maybe the best burgers in town, small, cosy place, but often really overcrowded. Service level sometimes unexceptable, especially waiting times for the food. Nice concept and fine ambience.

• Visited September 2012
Chester, United Kingdom
“A fine little establishment - worth visiting”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A friend and I visited the Meat Lovers Pub during the last week of September 2012.

Although the pub was busy when we arrived we were quickly served by a pleasant young man who found us an empty table.

Once seated we ordered two beers. Neither my friend nor I are massively keen on the usual draft beers served in Vilnius restaurants so it was nice to be able to order two bottles of Grolsch (swing top bottles too!).

The food menu was all written on the wall (just a list of the dishes with no description). I think the pub would benefit from having a proper written menu which details the dishes on offer and the ingredients involved. That way customers can be exactly sure of what they are ordering.

For starters we order beef carpaccio, which we had never tried before. My friend wasn't very keen on his but I rather enjoyed mine. For mains, we ordered beef burgers. The quality of the food was excellent but my friend hates mayonnaise so he ended up having to scrape the mayo off his bun. This is an example of how a proper detailed menu would have benefitted us. Potato wedges served with the burgers were excellent, nice and crisp.

Given that the starters were more expensive than the mains and we enjoyed the mains much more, we both wish we had just ordered mains. Having said that the food is so reasonably priced it didn't really matter.

There was a chap in the pub singing and playing the guitar. He was quite good to be fair. It added to the atmosphere of the place, although neither of us were blown away by the interior decor of the pub. The toilet was nice and clean which was good, considering it's just a single cubicle and probably gets used quite frequently.

We ordered two more beers before settling the bill.

A pleasant meal out and very reasonably priced.

Visited September 2012
Liverpool
“Great atmos!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We did not make it here until our final night and did not want a full meal so instead just got some snacks at the bar and had a couple of drinks. The snacks were great and if the main meals are as tasty as they look then they will be fantastic. I loved the atmosphere of the place and wish we had visited for a meal. Definitely on the list for my next visit.

• Visited September 2012