“A Pleasant Surprise”

Lauro lapas
Ranked #11 of 903 Restaurants in Vilnius
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern Italian cuisine with a twist of fine-dining. Restaurant is located in the center of Vilnius, near the famous Islandijos street, which is full of bars, clubs and pubs .
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I ate here on the recommendation of a friend. It is located in what can best be described as a commercial street and the entrance is quite unassuming. Inside it is best described as Scandinavian Modern- clean and functional. The menu is daily changing and depends on what the chef is able to source that day in the local markets. When I visited the main courses were Duck or Perch. The food was excellent and I opted for the three course option. Dishes are very much nouvelle cuisine in size but they are beautifully put together with a wide variety of tastes which blend together in a very satisfying way. I liked the way in which the chef appeared at the table to explain the construction of the dish and the various special ingredients. a nice touch. Priced at the top end of the scale as far as Vilnius is concerned but well worth it. They also do a very good Business Lunch. I recommend a visit.

2  Thank zorro990_0

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We dinned at Lauro Apas after reading all the great reviews about it on Trip Advisor. This restaurant is very new and modern and I felt compared to other restaurants in the city it was lacking atmosphere and ambiance as it was quite sterile and plain. The service we received was great and the food was very fresh and delicious though the portion sizes quite small, we had to call past Yo Yo Frozen Yogurt store after just to fill ourselves up a little after eating here! If this restaurant had a little more character and atmosphere I would have rated it higher as the food is very good!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a must-go-place in Vilnius! I ordered a three course deal with goat cheece as a starter, white fish as main dish and a chocolate dessert with coconut ice cream and one glass of white wine, for only 80 ltl (around 20 euro). All the courses was just amazing and for every course the chef came out with it and presentated it for me, telling me what I was going to eat. I also got one complementary sorbet-thingy, which were for making my mouth relax. They only have a few dishes on the menu, but they change it regularely, so there is always something new to discover! This is just one fantastic restaurant. Will definetly recommend it to everyone!

2  Thank TuridVic
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Its a real shame the head chef has left this place, I went back and the food was just not the same, service has also slipped but hopefully they will find their way back. Its a hard task though when the chef was such a driving force.

1  Thank John E
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great meals! Unusual combinations. Perfect serving! Reasonable prices for such quality. Just enjoy :)