“Excellent and enjoyable place.”
Review of Senoji Trobele

Senoji Trobele
Ranked #8 of 863 Restaurants in Vilnius
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cosy family restaurant "Senoji Trobele" based on traditional lithuanian cuisine. Our dishes prepeared with love using reciepes from elder generations. Authentic meal, traditional lithuanian atmosphere.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I had my best dinner in this place.Great service and excellent food.Specially owner of the restaurant was very kind guy.His name was Juri.Thank you for this enjoyable time.I will visit again.

1  Thank Serdar_guntekin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Starter, a mixed platter with bacon , pickles and online. Nice, but very fatty bacon. Main, lamb shank. Was very nice. Ok wine list.. Good place to try local specialities. Reserve table in advance. Will i go there again. Yes.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The restaurant was a bit out of town, and the interior was cozy but not the most comfortable. Staff was ok.
Their local dark draft beer was amazing, and so was our main courses!
I got a leg of lamb with mashed potatoes. The dish was made with few ingredients and few spices, which really got the natural flavours out. I can't see how they could have cooked the meat any better, it was tasty and came right off the bone, without being squishy.

I also tried a dumpling with meat as a precourse, it was really good together with sour cream and dark beer.
For dessert I got the recommended choice, a crusty bottom with cream as a mid layer and berries on top.
The berries were really fresh and good, but overall it wasn't the best dessert I've eaten. Still, it doesn't matter at all, because the main dish was fantastic.

My girlfriend got duck with noodles. Kind of an odd combination, the noodles were a bit overcooked, she claimed. Could imagine it being excellent paired with the mashed potato that I got.

Her dessert was micro-heated apple pie. Not to expect anything else, it tasted fine, and we were the only guests, late in the evening.

The prices were good, the beer is recommended and you will not be sorry going here.
Beware, Lithauanian food is definitely not low-fat :)

1  Thank Vegard G
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

You feel "home sweet home" atmosphere just after you step in. Very friendly staff will offer you variety of foods and very special drinks

1  Thank Justiam I
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed for a few days in the hotel nearby, so had one dinner here. Food and service was good, but it failed to meet our very high expectations (based on TA rating).

1  Thank Tonis P