Downtown Forest Hostel & Camping
Excellent 5/5
Ecotel Vilnius(Vilnius)(Great Value!)
$49
  • Breakfast included
Algirdas City Hotels(Vilnius)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
$83
$90
$81
  • Restaurant
Vilnius City Hotel(Vilnius)(Great Value!)
$45
$87
Agoda.com
$159
$124
Great 4.5/5
Europa City Hotel(Vilnius)(Great Value!)
$73
$70
Very Good 4/5
Best Eastern City Gate(Vilnius)(Great Value!)
$79
$71
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsdelicious croissantsfree tea and coffeehuge kitchensocial areaold townthree nightscity centrestayed longerevery morningnice atmosphereshort walktriple roomminutes walkingfast wifienjoyed my staycommon roomtrain station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had a very nice stay at this hostel. They were renovating the place at january and everything looked nice and clean. Its located at a 7 min walk from the city center and 2 minutes from uzupis. Nice hostel with very friendly people!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My girlfriend and me spent one weekend in this hostel and the only thing we can say is that for the money we paid we couldn't have found a better place to stay. The staff is friendly, everything was clean and the location is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I highly recommend this hostel!
We had the best time staying at Paupio Namai for New Years Eve. We got there early in the morning and had tea and delicious croissants (homemade by a French baker). Our double private room was excellent, spacious and comfortable. The hostel is located next to the artist neighborhood in Vilnius and a short walk from the Old City. We could get from the hostel to the old city in an easy 10 minute walk.
The hostel even had a New Years eve dinner with delicious food, drinks, and dessert. It was a lot of fun! We had the opportunity to meet the new operators and hear about their experience. They are great people and I wish I had had more time to get to know them. They have more plans for renovation for the hostel, and I can only imagine how awesome it will be in just a few more months.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

When I was there, this hostel is still renovating. But I didn't heat any noise and I believe, after renovation, the hostel will be much more good looking.

The people there are very nice. They try their best to make you feeling comfortable.

The place has big place for parking, It is very good for traveler with car. The price for backpacker is also very cheaper. I was in a single room, it costs only 14 euro.

There is a kitchen where you can cook your food. But i was so busy and never use it. The shower is only at groundfloor, but the place is very big.

The best thing is, they have a fireplace by the reception. After shower, you can sit in front of there for a while. It will make you very warm and comfortable. At same time, you can watch TV, Video or talking with other peopel.

The only thing which they can improved is, making a map from train station to hostel.

They said the hostel is only 10 minutes to old town. Actually there is really a short way to hostel. But there is too much turns. Some time you don't which direction you should turn. So i just give up and use another easy way, but costs me almost 30 minutes back to hostel. In the last time, I find that short way, it is really shorter :-)

So I think, the hostel should make a own map with PDF form to show peopel how to quickly be there. For Backpqcker, better step by step with picture to show how to turn. Otherwise will be less help.

All above are my experiences, and I hope it will be helpful.

Room Tip: The room on the top of reception could be a little bit noisy, if downstairs someone are looking movie :-) But it is not so harm.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank samxysam
Reviewed January 1, 2014

nice old looking building with high celling and fireplace
free coffee in the morning
friendly personnel
we steyed at hostel in december 2013 - the room was a little cold
part of 2st floor is under construction - there was no shower - it will be cool soon

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends