“a nice stay”

“a nice stay”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Central position
average breakfast
room little old but acceptable
like position , The staff Young and always dispomìnible
The restaurant nothing special,
In conclusion nice stay due position and great value

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Robertas K, Front Office Manager at Congress Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Valeriano M,

Thank you for sharing your impressions about our hotel. Your feedback is very important to improve our service and we will keep attention to your notes. We hope to welcome you in our hotel once again!

Regards from Congress hotel, Vilnius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed at the Congress on a business trip to Vilnius. I cannot comment on the price as I did not pay for the room. The rooms were comfortable, clean and functional. I found the staff exceptionally helpful, advising us on good restaurants, giving us directions and helping us with early morning check out and breakfasts.

The hotel is rather dated with a slightly more recent makeover making it pleasant enough. Watch your step on the stairs as they are all different heights!

If you are looking for a more modern hotel the nearby Holiday Inn may be better but the Congress was very close to the sights of Vilnius.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Robertas K, Front Office Manager at Congress Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Hannah L,

Thank you for your time reviewing hotel Congress on Trip Advisor. Your remarks and insights are very relevant to improve our service and we pay attention to that.
We hope to welcome you in our hotel once again!

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Distant from Old Town and attractions.
Very clean, but horrible buffet breakfast.
Restaurant was empty every night.
Don't let them call you a taxi. They must get a kickback because the driver doesnt use the meter and the set price is too high.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank donnajendlin
Robertas K, Front Office Manager at Congress Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Donna Jendlin,
Thank you for your time reviewing hotel Congress and our services. Your remarks are very important to us and we already have an agreement with a new taxi company.
We hope that your next stay in Vilnius will be enjoyable.
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I planned my business trip and searched for hotel in the city centre up to 100EUR per night. Final decision to stay in congress was made only by the suggestion of colleague who already has booked a room there. Interesting that in my searches before Congress wasn't on top list.
Booking - cheapest price I found from hotelsclick but as the difference with hotel homepage booking engine wasn't big I preferred hotel's homepage. Quickly got response e-mail that my reservation number is XX and I have to wait confirmation from hotel side. So it's not totally online booking system there. Next day they sent confirmation to me where the price was higher than on homepage but this was corrected quickly. I just think that nowadays online booking system should be must.
Location - was totally fine. Walked to old city for dinner about 10minutes. By taxi from airport was 35LVL. I think that taxidriver cheated cause he constantly played with taximeter and on the other day the trip back to airport costed 25LVL.
Room - it was nothing special but fine enough (see my pictures). There are some old elements in bathroom what should be upgraded. Bed was comfy. There was minibar what I didn't use. Actually I asked to bring iron to my room at that was done by very friendly young guy. Service was prompt.
Best thing was that only my room had balcony facing the river. On the same floor I didn't notice any other balconies. So if you need twin room, ask for room no. 414.
Actually rooms were ok but I can't give 4 or 5 stars because just few weeks ago I stayed at Hilton and this was way higher level.
Facilities - actually I only stayed there at the night and I even don't know what they have to offer. In the elevator I saw that there was gym and sauna but I haven't time to test them.
Wifi was free of charge, you only had to ask the code from reception.
Breakfast - I ate breakfast 2 times and it was really delicious. Good thing was that in these 2 mornings there were different things what they offered. Especially good were cold salmon peaces (actually one day they were too salty).
Staff - young girls and guys were very friendly and helpful. They called for taxis and let us keep our luggage in their luggage room before official check-in.

So as the hotel wasn't too modern I most probably will stay there next time also. May-be it's because of breakfast :)

Room Tip: For twin room do ask for 414. Just then you will get also balcony (see my pictures)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dante2398701924
Robertas K, Front Office Manager at Congress Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Dante007,
Thank you for your time reviewing hotel Congress on Trip Advisor. Your remarks are very important to improve our service and we pay attention to that. Thank you one more time.
We hope to see you back in our hotel.
warrington
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Three couples and have just had 4 nights at this hotel and fully enjoyed our stay. Well situated for the tourist attractions, bars and restaurants. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable with free wifi and good A/C which was needed as our room was on the front and it is on a main road and noisy at night with the patio door open. Excellent breakfast included in the price and a very reasonably priced menu for evening meal. They do cater for coach tour parties but this never bothered us as we didn't go down for breakfast till after 8.30 by which time they had all gone. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and recommend it especiallyfor the price we paid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Frances B.,
Thank you for sharing your impressions about our hotel. We are pleased that your stay was comfortable and our service justified your expectations. We hope to welcome you in our hotel once again!
Wakefield, MA
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at the Congress and we loved it. The location was great. It was about a 10 minute walk to the Vilnius Cathedral and it is right on the river. The room was nice, but it was just an average room. Breakfast is included and also free parking. Breakfast was excellent with lots of choices. The staff is quite friendly and yes there is an elevator. This is a hotel where tours stay so there were always lots of people around at breakfast and in the lobby. I would stay here again in a minute so I certainly recommend it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kielce
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hotel Congress is located in the center of Vilnius. This is ideal hotel if you want to see city. Hotel have private & free parking. Staff is very nice and helpful. Room was quite big. In the hotel very fast Internet (40 Mbit/s) we have room with balcony and with view to the river - so nice! Breakfats very nice - everyone find something to eat. It would be nice if the breakfast lifting regional products

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family