“nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Rinno

Hotel Rinno
Ranked #7 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Location is great (next to the old town) free car parking, wi-fi in a room and free of charge, good breakfast and service, helpful staff, spacious room.
My room faced the street, so some noise disturbed me.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed there in mid June 2013. Nice and helpful staff, central location to walk to main tourist sites and shopping/restaurant area, impeccably clean. We booked a standard room for the first night but then liked it there and stay for the second night in a bigger room at the same rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was there for 3 nights in February.

Location: It's between train/bus station and old town, so it's both good and bad. I arrived there by bus, and since Lithuania have their own currency so I can walk there without worrying where to get the Litas. It's also a little bit convenient when you go to other places like Kaunas / Trakai. The down side is that the location is little boring, I just *felt* it's a little far (as a lone traveller) when there is nothing interesting nearly, shops nearby close rather early during dark and cold winter.

I didn't found places to do buy drinks, snacks nearby, and didn't found many restaurants (there is one right next to it, and I think it's good too) or coffee shops, it's a quiet area, certainly doesn't seems to be a place where the actions are.

The building: I can't say I love the building or decoration, it isn't supposed to be one anyway. Nothing really wrong with it. Yes, it has no elevator but the stairs are solid concrete, big and wide, not those narrow, circling stairs with cracking sound (I hate to carry luggages on those stairs) so it was not a big issue.

Room: Pleasant surprise. Very spacious. I have no idea what kind of room it was, but it was like having a living room and a bed room. There was a LCD TV, a desk, coffee table, 2 single couchs... but it lacks a water boiler. The room was clean, but a little dim.

Bathroom, it looks rather clean, although I don't like it (yellowish/ light brown, bad color choice IMO), it has a bathtub.

Breakfast: Not bad. One hot-dish (pancake, eggs, sausages, omlet ...all made to order) plus decent choice on cold cuts, cheese, cereal. No complains.

So everything sounds good so far, why I gave it only 3 stars? The problem is the bathroom/washroom. It seems clean, but it doesn't smells so. It has a bit of sewage smell that reminds me of Morocco (no kidding, since I have been there, everything houses in old city, cheap to moderatly priced has that smell). The smell wasn't strong, but really annoyed me. To my knowledge, properly installed trap, or U-shaped pipe under the sink/bathtub *should* take care of this issue, but I have no idea where those smells came from, and it's not my job to figure out what's wrong. Since I saw that it was the last room when I made to booking so there was no room to change. Fortunately, there was a short corridor between the bathroom and the living room and the smell didn't extended to the room if I closed the door otherwise I'd give it even lower rating dispite other good things.

I really hate to give it a 3 stars but they really should deal with that smell in the bathroom (and it was in the winter, not sure if it would get worse in summer). It was otherwise good for it's service, spacious room, somewhat ok location and price tag.

P.S. The restaurant adjoining it worth a try. It seems not cheap in Lithuania standard. Portion size is rather big in my book. I saw almost nobody in the first 2 days during my stay in Rinno but the (only?) waitress was really busy the night I was there. I'm not sure if they have picked a right location..

Room Tip: Not sure about other rooms, but room 19 has sewage smell in the bathroom
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank wilfredwong
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel on February 2014 for two nights and in two different rooms.
It is situated not in the old town but close a couple of minutes walk in a quiet area.
The first night we stayed in first floor room where local tv channels were not working and it was a pity cause it was time for the Olympic games. The room was in need of some tuning. Try to get a room in the second floor or higher where rooms are better, tv worked and there were also electric kettle with tea and coffee.
Breakfast was plentiful and you could order also warm dishes.
English was spoken at the reception.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel in February 2014, after reading all the enthusiastic reviews on here. I have nothing new to add to these reviews, but I just want to express how great we thought this hotel was. Very close to the airport and at the same time incredibly close to the center, very friendly staff, from the receptionists to the cleaning ladies, great breakfast, spacious and comfortable rooms with excellent heating (which we were a bit worried about because it was very cold at the time). And of course, great value.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Easy to find. This hotel has a good location, nice public transportation right next to it. Hotel personnel are friendly and can help almost with anything. Cool breakfast buffet in the morning just made my day:-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Morein
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This post comes half a year late but as one cliche goes, better late than never. My partner and I stayed at the Rinno Hotel in Vilnius for two nights last July during a whirlwind visit to Finland, the Baltics, and Norway. We normally pick hotels extremely close to the train station so as not to have to take any cab or the subway. We booked a room in the Rinno over the Panorama Hotel (which turned out to be directly in front of the train and bus stations) from the US due to the favorable reviews we read about it here on Tripadvisor. A friendly English speaking lady at the train's Tourist info booth helped us with directions. It took us a good 10-15 minutes to get there on foot. The way to the hotel looked very safe and not dangerous at all. It was likewise close and within walking distance to the touristy but pretty city center. The only negative with this hotel is the absence of an elevator. We had a huge and heavy suitcase and taking it up the stairs when we first went to our room and taking it down the stairs when we later checked out proved challenging. Its location is quite close to the city's sights. We would gladly stay here again should the chance arise.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple