“Excellent one night stay”
Review of Apia Hotel

Apia Hotel
Ranked #41 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Such a beautiful hotel 1st of, you know when you go on a short trip and you find these hotels with cheap prices, you think you going to get a cheap looking hotel also, well rest assure if you are travelling through, or short couple of day stay then this is the hotel to book for sure.

Let me get in to it: I arrived at around 3pm afternoon. staff where extremely friendly as I checked in vibrant and welcoming I was given wifi password and directions to the 5* hotel Narutis for morning breakfast, and my room keys I was showed to my room and wished a nice stay.

The Room itself was beautifully decorated reminded me of an apartment but with no kitchen, it was immaculate, spotless, clean all the world you can describe. At the time of my stay there where maintainance work going on but being a tourist it's fine as you shouldn't really stay in the hotel all day they finished around 5pm in the evening and the rest of the time it was quiet.

The room is equipped with: the essentials such as the bed 2 seat sofa, coffee table, flat screen LG tv (No English Chanel's) wardrobe 3 room lamps. Bathroom with towels and soap and shampoo I advise to take your own shower jell, hair dryer ect.

Night time was even quieter as it was situated in the back roads of the old town but still easy to find day or night I had comfortable night sleep. Theres a meat lovers pub right next door what more could you ask for.

The next morning I woke for breakfast it's less than 5 minute walk down to the other hotel, greeted warmly at 7am the breakfast buffet is situated in the basement of the Narutis hotel beautiful old style decorations and the food well standard European breakfast eggs, fried or scrambled, bacon, coffee other delicious foods for breakfast. It was a treat.

If you plan to come to Vilnius and it's a short stay I 100% recommend Apia!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Apia Hotel

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We booked a room in Apia because of the Price and location. Place is perfect for weekend trips, very clean and our receptionist, Zydrunas, was extremely helpful with directions and questions, plus he helped us with finding a great room, which this hotel has a selection of. Bathtubs in the rooms are a giant plus!
The hotel was centrally located, yet in a quiet area and had a great design (very cosy). There are fine dinning options in the area, all the landmarks are steps away. Higly recommend!

Room Tip: Room no 3 is the best!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElenaBak
Reviewed January 18, 2014

As a former Vilnius resident, I was always curious to try out this 'boutique' style hotel set on of the coziest Old Town streets. They didn't disappoint. The room was spacious, warm, bright, clean and tastefully decorated. Not only that, but the triple room we booked turned out to be the size of a small flat, sans the kitchen.

Otherwise the staff were welcoming and always eager to please. Perhaps the best perk however was the breakfast. Given the size of the hotel the breakfast is served off-site, but it was a big suprise when they told us it was being served at the nearby Narutis Hotel. For those who don't know, the Narutis is one of the most luxurious (and expensive) hotels in Vilnius, so you can imagine the quality of the breakfast we received. While I'm not sure if the breakfast is served there throughout the year - as we visited during the low season - it's clear that the management do not intend to skimp on this factor, so a credit to them.

Given the superb value of the hotel I would have awarded it 5 points, however having stayed in a few similarly priced hotels in Riga and Tallinn there are a couple of small details I think they've neglected to include. Precisely - a shower curtain over the shower, a kettle with tea/coffee and a clothes iron/ironing board.

But all in all, a great hotel that comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank siiroc
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Loved this place. Set in a quiet backstreet in the University area/ close to the Presidential Palace.
Should be aware that breakfast is served in hotel 3-4 minutes walk away. But it is a good breakfast in a good standard hotel.
The rooms at the Apia have individual character and tastefully decorated. think there rae only 11 rooms, so very small by hotel standards. Only downside was that my bath did not have a shower curtain/ screen.
Room was large and had very good standard TV. Bathroom also large. bed very comfortable.
I found the staff very helpful and the manager in particular helped give good directions to a late opening bank in the city and a shortcut to get there.
Couple of bars and restauarnts nearby, including sharing the ground floor of the building.
Would highly recommend this place - it is not for anyone looking for an annonymous european hotel, but it is warm/ homely.

Room Tip: all are quite individual in style I believe. Mine even though facing the front / road was quiet as...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank W5WPH
Reviewed July 20, 2013

When we arrived at the Hotel Apia, the Hotel manager, told me and my wife that he gave somebody else our room but made a phone call and upgraded us to another hotel nearby, which was acually much nicer,

but the driver from the hotel, who was supposed to drive us and our bags to the new hotel, was very irritaded and angry and told us to walk there our selves, we were very suprised and confused and we were not so sure that would be a good idea, since it was midnight and we had our two young children with us, and did not know the location of the other hotel,

eventually, after the driver went and talked to the hotel manager of Apia, the manager himself, walked with us to the new hotel, and the driver, drove our bags there.

All in all, the driver really took the "SERV" out of the service and so I give the hotel, 2 stars out of 5.

Room Tip: Come late, then maybe they´ll double book you and move you to a nicer hotel :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SiggiBenedikt
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I'm really enjoying my stay here. The staff have been really helpful, the room is large, clean, and charming, there is plenty of hot water, and all right in the center of the city. I've walked everywhere I've wanted to go from here. My room over-looks the courtyard and is really quiet even though I sleep with the window wide open. The price is really reasonable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Travelibrarian
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here on the recommendation of friends. The room was ok and staff was very helpful and informative. Location is central to all things of interest to most visitors. Building maintenance was an issue - outlets that did not work, burned out light bulbs. When we mentioned our broken shower we were promptly moved to another room. The sheets were very nice quality. Breakfast is a shortfall that could easily be remedied. We probably would not stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple