“Great choice for staying in Vilnius”

Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great choice for staying in Vilnius”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great breakfast buffet (as well as for lunch), convenient location of the hotel for walks into the old town and a very good gym including a sauna. I was quite impressed by the view from the Sky Bar although we did not stay long :-)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kestutis K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Dusan K ,

thank you for your positive feedback.

I am glad to hear that we have provided you with high standards of services and you were able to enjoy our location, fitness center and the views from the SkyBar .

We look forward to welcoming you back.

general manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Built in the Soviet era, this hotel has been fully overhauled and nicely furnished to make it a high-standard but lacking in character business-class hotel on the river with great views from all floors, but especially the Sky Lounge at the top. It is larger in size than most Vilnius hotels, so used often for conferences and larger events. Both size and location are better suited for business travelers. Rooms are adequate, clean and comfortable, but rather small. Breakfast is great (like most Lithuanian hotels), they also serve excellent buffet lunch. The dinner menu though very pricey is also very good. The gym downstairs is small in size but has everything most people would want, including a sauna.

1 Thank Darius S
Dear Darius S,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva.
We are very lucky with our central location I am glad you found that convenient for your business meetings. I am happy the team looked after you during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Tampere
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had chosen the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva for our Christmas trip via Finnish travel agency. We are used to spend our Christmas somewhere in Europe, visited Lisbon, Munich, Budapest and Lillafured, Viimsi in Estonia and Barcelona. This was our first time in Lithuania.

The four star hotel was clean, its lobby very comfortable and the interior of the restaurant, and our room was quite ok, too. We got the room already at 12. Then we went having something to eat, and the hotel served a lunch buffet until 15. It was half past one o’clock, when we arrived there. Salads were nearly ok, but the warm dishes not. I had chicken, which was cold and dry already. Then we had coffee, which was cold, too. I claimed about these to the young waitress, who said that she could bring another coffee. Well, my stomach does not stand too much coffee …

We were 22 Finns there having the previously ordered Christmas Eve buffet in the restaurant. It was almost the same as the lunch buffet. After having eaten and drunken again cold coffee we thought it would be nice to get into the Sky bar, which was announced everywhere in the hotel as a fine possibility to see Vilnius at night. Well, I heard that it is closed. I asked a waiter, why the Sky bar is not open, and she told me that the Lithuanians want to spend a nice, quiet Christmas and that is why the Sky bar is closed! He added that we could stay in the 1st floor restaurant; he probably thought that we will only drink there! It was not announced anywhere that Sky bar is not open.

Breakfast was ok, even though not much changes and variety between days.

When walking by the river side on 23rd noon it suddenly started an enormous rain. My husband’s coat went totally wet, so I asked at reception, if they had any means to dry it. A young woman spoke about a heater, which probably could help, because the ventilation in the room gave only cold. I waited for more than one hour for an answer, but then I had to call the everywhere advertised “one button call” and told that I am not any more interested about their help. Then I ironed, ironed and ironed, but it helped only by trousers. Then we went quickly to shopping centre Europa, found a Finnish Seppälä shop there and bought a cheap but functioning overcoat.

There was one nice thing that the hotel offered; because the hotel was quite empty, they could afford to let us keep rooms until 6 pm. I had already asked for until 4 pm because I got flu there, because of the strong wind.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ritva F,

I appreciate you for taking the time to bring your to bring your dissatisfaction to my attention.
I am truly saddened to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion. I assure you that this is certainly not acceptable and the experience you had is not a norm at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva. We do take the feedback we receive very seriously and the lack of Yes I Can-attitude will certainly be addressed with the staff members involved as this is not up to our standards. I had discussed the matter with my colleagues and it seems that you were right. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly to better discuss the experience as I would welcome an opportunity to restore your faith to the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva.

We do hope to have the opportunity to host you soon again and hopefully upon your next visit
we would be able to meet and exceed your expectations.

With Kind Regards,

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Nice clean hotel. Good location. Free Wi - Fi everywhere. Breakfast good standard. Hotel staff speak English and are helpful;. Late check out available up to 6.00 p.m. Strongly recommend it if you are going to Vilnius.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the town.

Dear Traveller761955,

Thank you very much for posting your review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests.

I am delighted to be reading your review and to hear that your stay was both an enjoyable one and well received by our team here at the hotel.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The employee are very kind and professional. Meals are so tasty and accommodation is quite a bit good. We had an issue with missing participants and employee and management were so kind and provided a big support to us. They are just great.

Room Tip: You may choose the room on the higher floors due to the beautiful panorama on the city.

Dear NatashaPjevic,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to see that you were pleased with our catering and accomodation services. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team as I am sure they will be happy to hear the lovely feedback.

We do hope to welcome you back soon again. In the meantime if there is anything I could further help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With Kind Regards,

Samobor, Croatia
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Pros: clean rooms, average hospitality, excellent breakfast with lots of different food, gym, sauna, ...

Cons: the night before checkout, we asked the receptionist to prepare us the breakfast package, because we had to leave very early. What we got inside the box was: very small bakery product with ham and cheese, and similar sweet product, one apple and a bottle of water. In my opinion, when you compare this to what you get during normal breakfast (that was paid), this is nothing and you are hungry 30 minutes after eating that.

1 Thank bansu
Dear bansu,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva. I was sorry to read that your stay was not to your complete satisfaction but may I assure you that I am in the process of following up on your comments with the relevant Head of Department. If I may, I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to let me know when you are returning to the area so I may organise something a little special – I can be contacted via the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located away from the hustle and bustle from the city center but still not too far from it. Staff are friendly, hotel was extremely clean.

Definitely worthwhile of business hotel status.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ayubson,

Many thanks for your recent review of our property..

I am delighted you found our staff efficient and hotel cleanliness - outstanding.It's great to read you enjoyed the hotel's location while staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva in the near future.