“Great hotel in Vilnius”

Ranked #12 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Oslo, Norway
“Great hotel in Vilnius”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is located in the central part of Vilnius with walking distance to the old part of the city. The hotel is surrounded by many office buildings and two shopping centres. The area seems to be very safe and are convenient for both business and leisure trips.

The standard room was pretty small, but comfortable and clean. Wireless internet was working excellent all over the hotel and was free of charge. The room was equipped with minibar and a tea boiler with complementary choice of tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

The breakfast had a Scandinavian touch with a wide choice of both cold and warm dishes.

We got a baby bed at the room on request and there was baby chairs and also a small playroom at the restaurant.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay in Vilnius.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a business room on the higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kestutis K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Morten H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva.
It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our location, room product and SuperBreakfast.

Looking forward to greeting you back at the hotel soon.

general manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel is located nearby almost every place in Vilnius. Not far on foot and cheap by taxi. As I mentioned it represents typical Radisson Blu standard (at least in Eastern Europe... in short above Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza, below Marriott, Hilton, SP). Nice, spacious rooms. Free of charge parking nearby hotel and really good breakfast. Also, the Skybar at the very last floor makes decent drinks.

On the bad side... A bit outdated bathrooms (at least my personal impression) and general attitude toward Carlson Club members... I mean, it is not only the problem of this specific hotel but seems to happen in each Radisson Blu in Baltic States... complete lack of recognition for the Gold/Concierge program members (no room upgrades etc.). Pretty disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tomek T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We highly appreciate your comments. I was disappointed to hear that your recent experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Let me remind you that room upgrades for Club Carlson members are provided upon availability and this is rather limited during high season.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel is in a very beautiful quiet area near the river.Good service,large rooms with excellent views.Nice breakfast and don't forget to visit the Skybar!WiFi free and rapid.It's about 20-25 minutes walking distance from the city center but the route is pleasant.We enjoyed our stay as well as our trip in Lithuania.

Room Tip: Higher floors have astonishing views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Philip84,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva.

We have a riverside location here in the centre of VIlnius and I am happy you could enjoy that and beautiful views from the SkyBar. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

General Manager.
Fanano
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Hotel is nice with renovated facilities, nice lobby, large breakfast very nice Skybar on top of 22nd floor.

Rooms are a bit old and should be renovated. Same for the fitness room.

WiFi is excellent and free throughout the building.

Staff is friendly, familiar and helpful. they speak good English, Taxi service available 24hr, but a bit expensive (flat rate to Airport is LT 50, while a city cab from Airport is charging you LT25).

Food is OK and cheap. Excellent selection of long drinks, poor selection of beers and wines.

during peak season time this hotel is a bit expensive according to me, highly populated by tour operators that bring in big and noisy groups of retired people on vacation. This is bothering if you need to set a business meeting at hotel. I stayed at the same hotel off-peak-season and had much better experience.

Room Tip: you should go for a Superior rooms. try your chance for a paid (discounted) or cash+point upgrade. m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear ffrank100,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and for your kind comments about our employees.
I am sorry for the shortcomings you encountered during your stay such as noisy tourist groups. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.
We hope that you would give us another chance to meet your expectations next time and provide you with a wonderful experience.

bremanger
Reviewed July 26, 2013

It is a very good hotel, with good service and exellent food!
We enjoy our stay very much! The locatioin is in the middel of everything! not exspencive with cabs, when you want to go places! :)
We are thinking of having our wedding there! :D

Dan & Kristina

Room Tip: We would recomend Buisness Class!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dan_Grotle,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, it is a pleasure to read such a positive review which will be well received by all our team here.
I am delighted to read that you were happy with our hotel and the team were able to help you during your stay.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva again.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Was expecting a tiny room after reading some previous reviews but our tour booked us into the Business Class rooms which were huge. AC worked perfectly. Separate shower & tub, and they even provide a little jar of bath salts. However, no bottled water provided like at the Radisson Blue Belorusskaya even though they had a Nespresso machine & an electric hot pot to make tea/hot chocolate. Asked a few of the people in my group & they didn't have bottled water either. Might be nice of this hotel to start providing it.

Our guide explained this hotel was built during the Soviet era for tourists. There are 22 floors & 3 tiny elevators, so during "rush hour" the wait can be ridiculous especially if you're on a high floor - I was on 19. Many tour groups stay here, & it seems as though they block one of the elevators off for luggage delivery/pickup. Should install a couple of service elevators during the next renovation.

Our room included the breakfast buffet which I thought was more than adequate. Scrambled eggs actually looked & tasted like eggs, the hash browns were hot & very tasty. It looked as though you could get eggs to order too. You could get coffee yourself & it may have been the best I've had at breakfast on this trip. It's possible they will make you a cappuccino or latte too - I heard the foamer at the bar - but not sure if it was an extra charge.

Wifi was a blessing after Belarus. Fast fast fast with no blocking of Facebook.

Hotel is located close to Old Town & there is a convenient shopping mall right next door. Has a few cafes, a burger place called Hesburger & a grocery store. Very convenient if you have a longer stay.

Didn't interact too much with staff but we had a buffet dinner included & it was great to see the staff moving with purpose & actually being helpful after my time in Russia. The food was also really good.

All in all a great place to stay in Vilnius.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear thecleave,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in The Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am delighted you were well looked after by the team and you enjoyed your accommodation in Business Class room and SuperBreakfast.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

General Manager.
Dublin
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and booked the standard room.
The room is quiet small. There is just about enough room to fit an average suitcase in the closet for storage out of the way. sufficient size for just me travelling on business but I suspect it would be a bit cramped for a couple.
the bathroom is adequate and the one big plus about this is that there is a shower there and they didnt try to squeeze in a bath which would not work. The power in the shower is excellent.
With regards the bed I can never understand why the duvet always seems to be a size smaller. Its a single size duvet on a double bed. Reasonablly acceptable for just me but if i was travelling with partner I would have a big issue. I found the bed to be quiet soft and uncomfortable.

Breakfast is an impressive buffet which is regularly monitored.

overall its an ok stay. Not up to my usual standard for hotel stays but it is just about adequate

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Scoopy_1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAvdvisor after your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate you being our guest and I am truly concerned to hear about the inconveniences experienced during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies. Your feedback is of great value to us and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy a guest experience that truly reflects the service we provide.

Your Sincerely,