“Nice place for a weekend trip”

Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva
Ranked #12 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family and I are currently living in Riga and we decided to take a short family vacation to Vilnius. We drove from Riga to Vilnius in about 4.5 hours; we had to make a few stops for Statoil hot dogs and bathroom breaks.

I booked this hotel on Expedia for three nights and got an average rate of $139.84; it was the U.S. Expedia site that's why it was in dollars. Upon arrival the staff were polite and quick to take our bags up. The lobby was clean and the hallways and common areas were tidy as well. I was very pleased with our room especially since it had a balcony; see the pictures I posted for details. I think we were on the 14th floor, so we had a great view of the city.

The only drawback was the location, not that it was too much of a problem. We ended up doing a lot of walking anyway so the extra trek wasn't so bad. Considering the location of other hotels in and near the Old Town, one could do better but you will pay for that convenience. I was there with my wife and two kids, 5 and 6 years old, and the little ones were able to keep up. Basically don't be too concerned with the review that say you need a rental car or you'll need a taxi.

The breakfast at the hotel was fantastic and when I realized they didn't have any Nutella sitting out, they went and found some for me; service with a smile! :) The food was so good I think I probably gained a few pounds/kilos during my 3 night stay. We visited the Skybar and of course the prices were about as high as the floor it's on but a stunning view nonetheless.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Vilnius, it was a great experience and I would do it again tomorrow if I could.

Room Tip: We paid a little more and got a business class room. It had one queen bed and a couch that folded ou...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank morseman21
Kestutis K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Morseman21,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you found our staff very friendly & helpful and our rooms very clean and comfortable.I am glad that you found there was a good choice of food at breakfast time.
I would like to apologise for the location but I understood that finally your family enjoyed walking.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva

Reviewed January 25, 2013

During the last 6 months or so I’ve have stayed at the Hotel for probably about 6 weeks in total.

- Each and every time I’ve stayed I’ve enjoyed the atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff
- Everyone who I have spoken to have been very professional and have always gone above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible
- These guys run a tight ship.

Highly recommended from a seasoned traveller

Room Tip: Business Rooms, There's even a sauna in some of them
1  Thank nickelstonnickelston
Kestutis K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, Vilnius.

I am delighted you found our staff friendly. It's great to read you enjoyed hotel's atmosphere while staying with us.

I am glad you also noticed our Business Class rooms with Sauna.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, Vilnius in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have stayed here and have to say the service is always good, the hotel is always impeccable and the rooms are always very clean and comfortable. I really love the beds though, huge and comfortable under heating floor,make it warm and cozy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Vilnius.Очен хороший отель ! рекомендую

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, it is fantastic to read such a positive review which was well received by all our team here.
I am very happy to read that you were happy with your room and the team were able to help you during your stay.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva again.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have stayed here many , many times, and have to say the service is always consistent, the hotel is always impeccable and the rooms are always very clean and comfortable. I really love the beds though, huge and super comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Vilnius.

Room Tip: The higher floors do not have windows that open.
3  Thank Colin L

Dear Colin L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, it is fantastic to read such a positive review which will be well received by all our team here.

I am very happy to read that you were loyal to our property many times, and the team were able to help you also during the last stay.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Radisson Blu Lietuva is one of the examples of the right value for money approach.

It is standard 4 star chain hotel located 5 minutes away from the city centre and 15 minutes to Gedeminas Tower, which means that the location is absolutely nice.

The building itself looks quite crappy, but inside everything is new and clean. The reception area is quite big, though cozy enough. The staff speaks perfect English and Russian and is very responsible. Near the reception there is a nice lobby bar where you can have a cup of coffee or some beers. On the other end of the lobby area there is an entrance to the Olympic casino, rather small, but nevetheless providing some gambling experience.

I'd like to point out very nice window views especially if your room overlooks the river available event from the fifth floor we had a room at. The room itself was nothing special, but very clean and accurate. What I liked most of all is a fantastically comfortable bed! Probably, I've met the only one of the same quality in Diplomat Hotel in Stockholm. We really had a wish to spend all the holidays in it :)

Another local must-see is Skybar, a bit overpriced place with amazing 360 view. We came at around midnight, almost all the tables were occupied. We ordered Long Islands and hot wine and wanted some snacks (there are some options in menu), but they didn't have any what was quite strange.

As for the breakfasts, they are ok, in a very big sometimes overcrowded (especially on December 31) restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with river view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank from_moscow

Dear From_moscow,

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva.

We have a good location here right in the centre of Vilnius and I am happy you could enjoy that. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and the team looked after you while you were here.
However, I am sorry that there was an issue with the snack service in the SkyBar and I have passed your comments to the SkyBar manager.

I do look forward to welcoming you again to The Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva.

Kind regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had never stayed at the Radisson chain before however I have to say I had an extremely pleasant stay. We were allowed a late checkout and checked out at 5pm, this made a huge difference to our last day and added greatly to my experience.

The presentation of the staff and the hotel was immaculate. The staff were friendly and the restaurant served very good evening meals. The room service was reasonably priced also. The breakfast, however, was my highlight. The selection was outstanding with;cooked breakfast (eggs, beans sausages and toast). continental, cereal and much more. Was all very fresh and tasty, didn't taste like mass produced trash, was extremely tasty. There were nice touches like a fresh pot of coffee on your table and being able to make a pot of tea

The skybar, on floor 22, was more pricy than other bars in town and lacked comfy seats however the view was amazing and it was a nice atmosphere, we spent two evenings there. There was also a huge selection of non alcoholic drinks.

The location of the hotel was superb, being around ten minutes walk from old town and adjacent to restaurants and coffee shops in the two nearby malls.

The number 2 bus can be caught from behind the hotel, across the road from the Europa mall.

I would certainly consider staying at this chain again,

The only thing i would change would be to make the room a little cooler, despite it being -11 outside the room was rather hot. This was partially my fault because i did not realise the room window could be opened.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Matty-os,

Thank you for your response and the time you have taken to do so.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us in The Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, Vilnius. I also like your comments about our breakfast variety , SkyBar atmospere and the superb location.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva the next time you are in Vilnius.

Yours sincerely,

Kestutis Kazlauskas,
General Manager.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is up to high Radissson standards. The rooms are nice, breakfast is good, lot of choices. Gym has a good size as well. The bar on the top is great and gives you a good view over the city. Only downside is the restaurant in the evening. The staff is rather slow even with little number of people in the Restaurant. Food though is good. Will stay there again when returning to Vilnus

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Kestutis K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us on the TripAdvisor.

I appeciate your comments about hotel's Gym, rooms and F&B services.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.