“Great location, great bar, shame about smoking rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva

Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva
Ranked #10 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
London
“Great location, great bar, shame about smoking rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 3 days. As others have said it's very well located and commands great views to the river and across to the Old Town (although the less said about the *cough* gentleman's establishment located in a concrete bunker just outside the main door, the better).

Room was well appointed however it's a bit disappointing that the only rooms listed as non-smoking are singles, and all the main double rooms are all smoking - you'd think in this day and age that it would be the other way round.

Breakfast was a good choice although service was patchy, had to ask a few times to get cutlery on my table (and got delivered coffee instead!).

Still, I'm being a bit picky since overall service was good and the (single) bed was very comfy
, avoiding the dreaded 'first night away' syndrome.

Will definitely stay here again when I come back in a couple of months.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Zippy_69
HotelLietuvaVilnius, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Zippy69,

Thank you for your opinion.

I am glad to read that you have had an overall good experience with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Kestutis Kazlauskas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Good hotel, close to the centre of town just a short walk but the rooms are very small and not made for 2 people. They are clean and well appointed. Breakfast is very good. Ideal place to stay the night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank review53
Dear Review53,

Thank you for taking your time to write about stay experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva .

I was glad to read that you find our location and breakfast to be very good.

I am sorry that you found your room to be too small . We do have many different size rooms and these are available upon check-in for a minimum additional fee. We also encourage our guests to contact our front desk directly if they are not 100% satisfied with their stay and will always ensure that every guest will enjoy their stay.

Thanks once again for your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you again.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Now this is what all hotels should be. Fantastic location in a fantastic city. Service, location, amenity and excellent food. I would recommend this city and this hotel to anyone. The city is such a gem and so easy to walk anywhere. There are shopping and sightseeing close at hand and the Sky Bar on the 22nd floor at night is the place to be. WOW what a stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lino737
Dear Lino737,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva and for taking the effort and time to write your review.

It was a delight to read through your review from beginning to end and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback, especially on our staff. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team and they will be especially delighted.

It is a great boost of morale for myself and all the team at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva to receive such positive comments , thank you again.

Looking forward to greeting you again.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

As a Business guest I was absolutely stunned at the fantastic service by the staff at this hotel.
I spent a full week here rushing around Vilnius with little time for leisure.
Absolutely nothing was too much trouble, from every section of the staff.
I needed things printed, delivered, brought - all done instantly, from housekeeping to room service to the front desk, calmly, with a smile and happy to serve.

The location is great if you love shopping, walking, the river - everything is at your fingertips.

The property itself is ready for a makeover, especially the rooms. The furniture is very old and needs to be updated. But this is made up for by the spotless housekeeping.
And for me - CHEERFUL AND EFFICIENT STAFF. The best part!
I highly recommend this hotel and will love to return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank beemet18
Dear Beemet18,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review and also for staying with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva.

From beginning to end I was thrilled to read your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am truly delighted that you had such an enjoyable recent stay with us . I would like to thank you for your great comments about our hotel and our cheeful and efficient staff. I am sure they will be as thrilled as I am with your kind words.

I am glad to read that you experienced so much of what Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva has to offer.Thank you also for your concern about room furniture. We are planning room renovation next year.

It would be my honour to welcome you back to Vilnius , hopefully in the not too distant future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed Business Class for a weekend sightseeing. I would recommend this hotel, rooms spotless, fabulous power shower, coffee making machine - worth paying the extra. We were thoroughly pampered here. Fantastic views. Staff were courteous and helpful, breakfasts just amazing and would make us anything we asked for - omelette, poached egg etc, plenty of choice. We chose to use the restaurant on the Sunday night and enjoyed a really nice meal. I could not fault this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Business Class and felt the benefits were worthwhile. Rooms were clean, modern, first...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JANE B
Dear JANEAB123,

thank you for your review posted on the TripAdvisor.

I am very happy you were able to stay with us recently and appreciate your lovely comments regarding your stay.
You are exactly right regarding stay in the Business Class room of the hotel.Thank you for your kind staff service evaluation.

It sounds like you had wonderful time in Vilnius and look forward to your return in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I first reviewed this hotel I had accidentally wrote the review for the Radisson Blu in Riga, Latvia. My apologies and it has been corrected.
This location is much nicer and has a much nicer staff. The one thing that stands out in my mind is when we wanted to get some money exchanged and the front desk could not do it, but were told we could exchange in the casino downstairs. The Casino would not let anyone in wearing shorts and the guy at the front desk went into the casino for us and exchanged money. That was very nice.
I also remember sitting on the patio at the lobby bar enjoying the weather and the drinks. When they closed we had to go upstairs and to the sky bar. The staff was great at dealing with a large group of drinkers and it I am not mistaken there was even a smoking lounge (room) up there. I have some pictures from that night but I am sure no one wants them posted on Trip Advisor.

Get a room with a view of the river. It is a great area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank setcarp
Dear Setcarp,

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests.

I am delighted to be reading your review and to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one and you appriciated hotel location and service.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,
Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

As other reviewers have pointed out, the rooms are a little dark and drab and have seen better days. On the other hand, everything was clean and the bathroom was spotless as well as absolutely contemporary and comfortable. Slept very well indeed, bed not huge but comfortable. My usual foes smoke, light and noise were wonderfully absent. A SAS Silver membership would normally result in a free upgrade at Radissons but this did not happen here.
Breakfast was excellent and the restaurant staff highly professional and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GWRfanabroad
Dear GWRfanabroad,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was glad to read that you find our beds and breakfast to be very good.

I am sorry that you found your room to be austere and worn out. We do have many different level rooms and these are available upon check-in for a minimum additional fee. Unfortunatelly Business Class rooms were sold out so we weere not able to provide complimentary upgrade. My apologies if you were not informed about these possibilites during your stay or upon check-in.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.