Europa Royale Vilnius
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Allex(Vilnius)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsperfect location for sightseeingold towncold beetroot soupvaried and plentifullithuanian disheshistoric hotelbalcony overlookingcity attractionsrecommend this hotelexcellent locationa lovely staywithin walking distancepancakesbreakfast was deliciousnice hotelthree nightsbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were there with friends for three nights over Christmas. The staff were very pleasant and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. However our room was a disappointment. We unpacked on arrival and went for a walk but when we returned found that our door, although we thought we had secured it, was not locked and indeed the lock was broken. With the minimum of fuss we were moved to another room but this one was even more tired than the first with peeling wallpaper and the need for a really good renovation.
We arrived in the hotel on Christmas Eve and we were shown the dining room and the new basement dining room which is almost finished. They are very atmospheric. The meal was good, if rather expensive, and the choice rather limited. It seemed very strange to us that there were practically no Christmas decorations - although this did not detract from our enjoyment.
Breakfast, for me, was great as there were lots of salady type things and smoked salmon, which I love. But there was something for everyone.
The location is fabulous, on the edge of the Old Town. Vilnius is one of our favourite cities and was magical in the snow.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2013

At this hotel you are met in the reception with a smile and the attitude “no problem”. The staff’s English skills are superb and the understandings of a guest’s needs are quick and easily understood.

The location is very very good in one of the best locations in the old town of Vilnius. After a long business day I can just walk out and reach good restaurants and recreation facilities. Since it is in the heart of the city it is a lot of possibilities close. It is also easy to find transport to get to my meetings or pleasure activities.

The food at the hotel is good. The breakfast is maybe not so interesting.

I have got good, spacious, clean rooms, and I had a good sleep in the beds.

It is quite easy to find your hotel by foot when you come by foot after a good evening in the city.

I have used this hotel at several visits to Lithuania and will choose it again when visiting Vilnius, both in business and pleasure. The standard is good and can easily be compared with a Norwegian hotel.

I will recommend this hotel both for business and pleasure. RL

Room Tip: If you go with your spouse put in some extra and order one of the suites. It is good value for money I think.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Roger L
Reviewed January 9, 2013

a great place to stay.great location.the room was large .we even had a a balcony overlooking the church.the weather a bit cold to enjoy but even still we managed to go out and enjoy the beautiful view.the breakfast was good .the room for the meals was served in a room that had beautiful scrolls on the ceiling. the staff was so friendly ,helpful,and generally kind and caring staff,had no problem with the mini bar.so close to everything.near all transportation buses and trains definetely would stay again loved vilnius

Room Tip: we did upgrade from a standard room to the next upgrade the church bells do ring everymorning i am not sure there is a room where u might not hear them the first morning was a shock but after that we looked forward to hearing them just be warned there is no elevator beacause it is such an old building,but that is the charm and the historyof this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is in the old town - at one end, near the Jewish Synagogue, opposite end of the castle on the hill. From the outside it looks very charming and the front desk staff matched it. The room was huge - could have put two more beds in it easily. While the breakfast was very limited, they did serve blinys (3 kinds) which were delicious and served in their vaulted-ceiling restaurant which had frescoes and was very charming.

The only bad thing was that we were on the third floor and had to walk up and down stairs. While the bell hop assisted us when we arrived, I chose to lug my bags up and down the stairs upon departure. The hotel seems to be a series of townhouse with uneven levels - that is why the stairs. Thus, if stairs are an issue for you, ask for room where you don't have to climb any. Otherwise, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If stairs are an issue, ask for a room where you do not have to walk up and down stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The best asset of this hotel is the location in the heart of Old Town, steps to historic Ausros Vartai. The room was small with outdated decor. The small fridge was full of drinks covered in mold, and despite 3 requests, the fridge was not fixed and the drinks were never replaced. The reception staff was helpful in calling taxis but repeatedly insinuated to me that they were annoyed by the number of phone calls I received. They kept telling me and my callers how "popular" I was. Best part of the breakfast was the fresh stuffed pancakes. The overall service and rooms seem standard for Lithuania, where they are still working on getting their hospitality industry up to four star international standards. This place is like a Best Western in the US.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business