The name of the hotel instinctively attracts and the logo is eye catching. This is a beautiful, very large and spacious historic building once occupied by some of the most important decision makers in Riga, and the brochures will recount the tales.
You will be impressed by the hotels well kept, cosy and attractive corridors with soft sofa salons, and spacious rooms with classical furniture. The place has a small casino with compulsory registration mainly it seems a lot of Russian speaking Latvians come here, and to the karaoke bar adjacent to it.
The reception is staffed by only one person. Minibar is stocked not to royal standards. The restaurant on the 2nd floor is a bit overdone, and the staff are not restaurant professional, but youngsters. It s also quite overpriced. Three caesar salads, 3 glasses of ordinary wine, one 75 cl bottle of ordinary red wine and two desserts, cost us almost 100 EUR.
By Riga standards the breakfast in one of the best. But the restaurant dishes are also overdone . The Bar Salon is very comfortable colonial kind of cigar club feel to it, but quiet.
One thing comes in to mind, and that is that the rooms need more lighting.
The main problem is not with the casino or karaoke staff, but the hotel staff. The receptionists and main restaurant people were far too young, and pretty not so sociable to match the place s grand and royal image, and service standards fell very far off royal in some respects. The place needs a booster with improved service attitude, so that it could live up to the image it seeks to portray. Suggested remedy is new staff with right service attitude, and better recruitment and training, and to erase the strong mismatch between surroundings and service staff presentation, and education.
The rooms normally fetch on average 100 dollars a night, but through a discounter at low season, was available for 42 dollars . This considered it was good value for the impressive surroundings, especially as the receptionist offered a free upgrade to a mini suite, as hotel had free rooms.
But after investing so much money in the building, it is still sad to see management fail in the essential provision of service hospitality, as you did not get the true feel of a welcome and valued guest atmosphere here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the 16th Century Spirit where Elegance and Tradition Reside The four star Europa Royale Vilnius Hotel is presented in the very heart of Vilnius Old Town evoking the air of Timelessness with XVI Century Cultural Heritage. An atmosphere where elegance and tradition still reside creating a Haven of Calm away from the busy streets of Vilnius.The peaceful and historic composition lies in the splendor of a 19th Century Mansion next to the incumbent monasteries and ancient city fortifications. The eminent old City Gates (Gates of Dawn) are one of the only structures left from the historic city walls. The other side of the hotel presents the beautiful architectural landscapes of the National Philharmonija Chamber along with the well preserved City Hall dating back to the Medieval times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Europa Royale Vilnius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europa Royale Vilnius Hotel Vilnius
- Europa Royale Hotel Vilnius
- Vilnius Europa Royale Hotel