“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #25 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Gdansk - Poland
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Grata Hotel has everything just right. Stunning rooms, great service, and superb food in a terrific ambiance, this was all just lovely. The food and staff were fantastic. It was really a pleasure to stay with such lovely people. No complaints, they don’t need any kind of improvement in any field. Just keep the good work going! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is very nice, the staff is friendy, the rooms tidy and comfortable. The breakfast was very good. The location is a little bit from the center but not too far. For the little price you´ll have to pay it´s a splendid hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in March. The hotel is clean and comfortable although the rooms were a little dated.
Breakfast was plentiful and had a wide variety of hot and cold food, prices at the bar were also reasonable.
Would recommend this hotel for a short break with friends.
The walk in to the old and new town is about 15 minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I enjoyed staying there. The only disadvantage is that the hotel is solid 15 mins walk from the old town. The rest is really good. Breakfast - to all tastes, sauna - free of charge from 07.00 to 10.00 perfect, I was the only customer for nearly two hours, nice service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Anatoly V
Minsk, Belarus
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at the Grata Hotel last week. It is a great hotel!!! Breakfast at the hotel was delicious and varied. Vilnius is a great place for a holiday. In the old part of the city there are lots interesting to see. I am very glad that visited the city with my family!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 448Minsk_Belarus_
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My first bad tripadvisor review! We stayed here for one night while on a bus tour. I have no idea how much it costs for one night, but unless it was 10 bucks, it was too much. Our room stank like cigarettes and basement, and the much hyped computer in every room was broken. A very unfriendly receptionist told my husband the place is booked full and there was nothing they could do. So we opened the windows to air the place a bit and headed out to get dinner.

We then learned that there's nowhere to eat nearby. And the hotel restaurant had run out of everything except pasta for dinner. So we walked (and walked) to civilization. It was pretty late when we found a place and finished eating, and it was a super creepy walk back to the hotel.

Back in our room, my husband was almost electrocuted when he turned on the lamp, the wire was frayed I think. The two twin beds were old and gross, and did not have fitted sheets. And one pancake flat pillow for each of us.

Oh and in the morning, I tried to make coffee and none of the outlets next to the coffee maker worked. I ended up having to move the bedside table and unplug the broken lamp. I shouldn't have bothered, the coffee was horrible.

There MUST be better choices out there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ladybeans5
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The fourth floor of this hotel is set in the roof rafters.

There is no ventilation. I believe it was 90-100 degrees when I opened the door.

There is one skyward window that does not open, nor is it reflective so it lets in a great deal of sun radiation and heat. I kept the blind closed the entire time.
The hotel is aware of the problem because they provide floor fans in these rooms.
Doesn't help.

Do not book a room on the fourth floor if you insist on staying here.

The entire floor plan is rather confusing with stairs leading to locked exits.

The hotel is situated a very good walk from the Old Town center of Vilnius. Not what I would call close.

On top of all this, there was confusion at check-out and being in a hurry to catch my flight I accidentally paid twice. The receptionist at first thought I was someone else, then could find my record, etc.

After I got home and discovered the mistake I called Expedia several times to have the money refunded.

The hotel management are masters at the run-around, first blaming my bank, then just ignoring me and Expedia.

They said they would email me to sort things out.

Of course I never got an email.

You have been warned.

Room Tip: Do not accept a booking on the fourth floor.