“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #53 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Baldock, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

This hotel is decorated in the public areas to a high standard and the restaurant laid out over many levels is very nice and seems to give everyone their own space. Rooms clean and tidy with all usual amenities of the better quality 3/4 star hotels. Nice bar and small seating area for the evenings. Would score higher if just a little closer to the City centre. No dissapointments in staying here however.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelfing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Polar Circle
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I've been happy about them and now I wish to share the experience with you. This is not an ad for sure, we travellers seek for good experiences, good time, Karolina is ok, how good, I'll tell you for you to judge.

Don't know about the stars, how many it has, three? Three and-a-half??? My relationship to this "good ol' friend" is beyond all the stars. I have stayed with this hotel since....1996 , I guess. Time after time I have been satisfied with them in my let say humble and moderate "any hotel wins sleeping in a car" needs. Okay, my company pays the bills, I could stay at any uptown place I wish.

In Karolina you can trust. What it has, it's always available. Easily. The hotel has enough rooms even it does not appear to you being so big. It is a private owned and I feel the personnel is well administrated knowing their business. The place does not drain you being fancy, classy or a demanding catwalk.

The hotel is located not far from the TV-tower, at Karoliniskes district, some miles from the centre. Very easy to reach with own transportation with good parking space. At a quiet spot, I hear no cars, no airplanes or night clubbers at night.

If attending an exhibition at Litexpo exhibition centre, Karolina is easily reached with public transport directly. I did this a lot earlier.

Karolina has never felt a rip-off, as most of downtown hotels. The price level has dropped drasticly in this crisis and finest hotels have done bargains, which was not the case earlier. The rooms are moderate, for someone's taste maybe not fancy enough. The interior (also bathrooms) are as far as I know partly renovated in early 90's with a good taste, although it still lets us to be a traveller of the times you needed travelling permits and 76 octane, fully leaded gas for your AZLK 2140! You have all you need in the room but nothing else. Practical, working level. Never tried any suites or such (are there any??), this may be the choice of fancier guests.

Karolina has always had accommodation for me. I travel without a strict itinerary and end up needing a room without pre-reservation. I like the location - parking and driving in and out of city is never a problem. As far as I know, it has been poular among group travellers, there is a congress centre, nice bowling downstairs, grocery store around the corner. I also use the services of barber-shop/hairdresser's saloon cross the street, there is Statoil gas station and trolley bus stop on Laisves Ave at sight.

But let me tell about the restaurant! Especially during summertime, the den opens to a lovely (can men say "lovely"?) yard with a tennis course and pine woods. Morning sun welcomes at breakfast - this outside terrace is at shade in the hot summer evenings. Best jokes I have heard were told on this patio, having a nice glass of Lithuanian beer with local friends. It might be the surroundings, a plain suburb instead of busy centre, that makes everyone, especially locals, easy and relaxed.

I understand right now none of the Lithuanian restaurants has enough customers. Neverthless, at Karolina's the breakfast has been ok, service friendly and as I told, a truly nice spot to start the day.

For dining it's also good (we had some pre-ordered banquets earlier there), as one may want to spend an evening eating well and chatting in a peceful place. No taxis, no lost mobile phones on the way to your room. Handy, isn't it?

I believe Karolina could serve super a needs for one traveling with friends or making a business meeting or a conference for larger bunch of people. They have premises and stuff, what comes to rooms, transport, meals, meeting space.

Today, with everyone counting his money as never before, I could say Karolina leaves you with a feeling you got what you needed and paid for.
If Karolina would be a meal...let's say it would be a nice pizza and a large, fresh beer.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We stayed in Karolia Hotel for the first time in November 2009 and our overall impression from the hotel is very good. Located ten minutes drive from the Old City and 5 minutes from Litexpo exhibition centre. Car park is free. Our double room on the third floor was quite comfortable, with free fridge and small TV, no Coffee maker though. Bathroom has new white tiling. Breakfast buffet was sufficient enough to keep us full for the rest of the day:) And the most pleasant thing we had experinced in the hotel was free swimming pool and sauna, which was hot and ready for us from 8am until 10am. Reception stuff nice and helpfull. Would definetely come again to Karolina Hotel!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business