“Romantic holiday”

Amberton Hotel
Ranked #29 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
“Romantic holiday”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel with my other half on 10th of January, spent there 3 nights and enjoyed. Location was perfect to go for meals, sightseeing and travelling to other pats of yhe city. Room was very clean, cosy and warm. We enjoyed breakfast however one morning food was too cold. The main disadvantage was that our double bed was made from two beds which kept moving apart making one of us sleep in a gap. Would recommend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Vaida_Arciskevicene, General Manager at Amberton Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Indre S.,

Thank you for your stay, your comments and recommendation- we appreciate it very much. We are trying constantly to improve our breakfast, so sad that one day we haven't been very successful. And we have also double beds, not only the connected twins in the hotel, so for your next Romantic stay with us please note your preference in your reservation, and we will put all our efforts to fulfill it.

Best regards,
Vaida Arciskeviciene
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights during a weekend visit of Vilnius in December 2012. The hotel location is perfect, the room was clean, worm and the bathroom was descent. However, a room window was overlooking the internal patio which was covered by a glass roof. The room had no direct access to the sun light which I think should not be a case for the four star hotel. This really disappointed me. During the booking it was not explained that we would get such a gloomy room. Otherwise we would have never booked this hotel.
The hotel service was nice and polite but they have a deal with not honest taxi drivers and they keep on calling them. I asked them to order a taxi and each time they sent guys that overcharged us. This is shameful as going to the good hotel you expect honest service. My advice: whenever booking always check what quality hotel room you will get and never ask the hotel service to order a taxi for you if you do not want to be cheated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Vaida_Arciskevicene, General Manager at Amberton Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Eliza E,

hank you for staying at our hotel and for your good words about your room. Yes, due to the old town building construction we have some rooms facing the atrium, and they are appreciated by the guests in need of the quiet stay. Therefore we will put more efforts to identify customers’ needs during the check-in time.
Concerning the taxi- we about to change our partner company into the one controlled by
municipality hoping that will help to get rid of dishonest taxi drivers.

With sincere thanks for helping us to be better,
Vaida Arciskeviciene
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have organized an event in this hotel with guests from several countries. The location is great, facilities are comfortable and well equipped.

Coffee breaks were slightly late (~15 min.), you might want to double-check about schedules of your event.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Nice room and ok hotel. Ok, but average breakfast. Rather poor receptions/sitting area.
The room was ice cold, and they could not increase the temperature in the room, and I didn't got a new room. I had expected more service to do something with this...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel based on the images on their website. As I had read here that not all of the rooms are of this standard, I booked a deluxe room to ensure that I received one of the newer ones. I even informed the hotel that it was a special occasion (which it was) but unfortunately I still received a room that would not have been out of place in 1970. Worse, when i arrived at the room it was set up as a twin, not a double. This was disappointing enough but what really bothered me was the attitude of reception when I called to ask it to be sorted. He could not have been less interested and basically told me there was nothing that could be done. The girl on the reception the following morning was more helpful and at least arranged for the housekeeping to make up the bed as a double but it was still essentially two separate beds and so was uncomfortable. The hotel is a strange shape with an unwelcoming lobby area. I didn't have breakfast but my partner didn't enjoy it at all and didn't even bother going down the second day which is unheard of for him! On the positive side, it would be hard to have a better located hotel with its wonderful views of the Cathedral and it was quite clean. However I stayed at the Novotel on my previous trip to Vilnius and it was infinitely better and was cheaper so that's where I will always stay in future.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for deluxe as it does not have any relevance
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frankfiesty
Karlstad, Sweden
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel is OK, location is great and the staff friendly. The breakfast however was way below average when I stayed ther, the coffee was cold, the "orangejuice" served was made from something other than oranges, sugar and artificials probably.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Asamariann
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Amberton is right across from the Cathedral and central to many sites.Excellent location in the heart of Vilnius! Very clean Bathroom: very clean and spacious; lightening very low Staff: very friendly.
Breakfast could be better.

Room Tip: Ask room in new building
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends