Tripadvisor
Vilnius
All reviews relais chateaux door man dalai lama old town public rooms great location and friendly staff old style guest rooms jewish ghetto beautiful hotel indoor pool our room was spacious junior suite breakfast was amazing location is ideal the main square excellent place to stay
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

I have to say that location of the hotel winning by far. Exceptional value for money. Quirky building and authentic design added positive mood throughout my stay. Tastefully decorated and furnished conservatory was the place to have my morning coffee. Good service. Definitely will stay there again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2020

If anyone has a doubt about staying here, just look at the list of VIP guests on the wall. It speaks for itself.

Before travelling I heard this place described as "quirky,""and I really couldn't put it better myself. It's as eccentric as hell. The dizzying fusion of styles leaves you, well, dizzy.

But my own holiday didn't go according to plan. About 24 hours after I arrived my guardian angel saw fit to hurl me down some steps, and I ended up with a badly torn muscle in my thigh. So I spent to bulk of my six night stay there propping up the lobby bar with Dmitrijus (Dima), and his colleagues Arturus and Vytautas. No problem. Sightseeing bores me nowadays, and I have happy memories of the hours spent under that gloriously vaulted ceiling.

And there was a high point during my stay. It was on my 4th morning. I was enjoying breakfast and listening to the soft tinkle of the lift music playing gently in the background. Then suddenly, a loud American burst into the breakfast room in his bathrobe, announced to us all, (as if we cared), that he was "flying OUT", and gave staccato instructions to the staff about a breakfast that he wanted sent to his room without delay.

This sent my imagination into overdrive. Was he the CIA's top man? Had he just received encoded instructions from his controller in Langley to fly to some little known trouble spot and save a million lives? To be perfectly honest, I rather doubted it. Most foreign nationals I know would rather die a grisly death than be saved by him. I gave him nought out of ten for style...

Overall, yes, I have no hesitation in recommending the Stikliai, despite a few reservations about repair and maintenance in our room, about which I shall say no more.

Yes, I was close to tears when I had to leave...

Reviewed January 5, 2020

The room was lovely and the hotel as a whole was perfectly located and had very friendly staff.
We have 2 (very) slight issues. We were 2 families travelling together, and had each booked a room with sleeping spaces for 3. This seemed to come as a surprise the to reception, and the beds first had to be made up after our arrival.
The breakfast is very nice. However - it would save everyone (serving staff and customers) time if there was a coffee station, or if they could just put a pot of coffee on the table. We are coffee lovers and need at least 2 cups in the morning, but the simple act of catching the waiters' attention to ask for more is difficult, and actually slowed us down all mornings. I realise this is not an issue for some, but it bothered us.

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Pros:
- Located at the best part of Vilnius oldtown
- Very friendly and helpful staff
- Great restaurant, bar and lots of nice lounge areas for chilling
- Beautiful historic property

Cons:
- very small room
- hotel is slightly worn out
- no kettle / tea facilities

I’d stay again for the location & great customer service.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Definitely recommend for people to consider booking this hotel.

There was this door man (can’t remember his name) and he was very helpful and polite.

Hotel room was cosy, clean and most importantly it was definitely worth more than what you pay for.

Well done.