“Excellent treatment in the heart of Vilnius old town”

Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Always when I spend my time in Vilnius I am choosing this hotel and it has never been let me down. Staff is excellent and very helpfull. Breakfast is exclusive with nice terrase to see people walk by in the morning. Beds are fantastic. Thatis one of the reason why I choose this hotel. since I know whatewer the day through to You the sleep will be excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
2  Thank Aivis L
Jurate R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Aivis,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review. I am very glad that you are enjoying your stay with us and you choose our hotel as a preferred choice while in Vilnius.
We recently changed the beds, mattresses, bed linen throughout all hotel and I pleased that you enjoy sleep quality with us.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The hotel is right in the middle of the old city, next to the town hall. It's a good base to explore Vilnius.
Some people in our group complained of street noise and a club, but our room (335) was not effected.
Breakfast is very good and has everything from baked beans to Champagne!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PJEColchester

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your stay at the hotel and for taking time to write the review. I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay, the location of the hotel and our Super Breakfast buffet.

Regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Not the best Radisson I have ever stayed it but still a good hotel. Shame the bar shuts at 12 which is a bit strange for a hotel like this but that would be my only real complaint. Staff are very friendly and speak perfect English and they are also very efficient at what they do. For a short business trip this hotel was ideal.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Jurate R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Craig,

Thank you very much for the review and for your stay with us. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay. Your comment regarding our bar working hours is well noted and will be addressed with our bar & restaurant department.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have earlier visited Radisson Astorja in Vilnius and then had some comments on the breakfast, and this time it has not improved.
If to start with the breakfast it looks well in a first look but when examining the impression deteriorate. The selection of bread is limited and the quality only mediocre, no ham but other parts of pork, the orange juice was luke warm, only standard tea bag selection etc. There is a lot of staff but they seem not paying attention to the guests in the breakfast room.

The hotel is undergoing renovation which is abslutely necessary and hopefully it will increase the standard of the rooms. My one was OK for being Radisson, very nice beds.
The negative parts was the cleaning. When coming back to the hotel in my second night, I found that they had not made my bed, but only had put the bedspread over my bed.

We were picked up at the airport with the hotel shuttle, for which we were charged 80 LTL which is a little more than ordinary taxi, but still recommendable as it is very convinient and the driver was very nice and attentive.

To summarize I think Radisson Astorja need to step up especially regarding the breakfast, the other Radisson in Vilnius is better and why don't they bench-mark to even the differences?

1  Thank Two_swedes
Jurate R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review and for choosing our hotel to stay at. I was disappointed to read that you were not happy with our breakfast selection. I will address your feedback immediately to our breakfast team and I do hope that during your next visit you will be happy with our services.

The hotel indeed is being renovated and the renovation will be over by 1st April, 2014.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This hotel has a very good location. The brand is also well known. Unfortunately this is all good I can say. To get the room on 4th floor, you must to go with 2 elevators. Then you have the half of the hotel under reconstruction. Despite the fact the restaurant suppose to be open till 10:30pm ( no so long, right?) it is close before 10pm. Staff say - sorry.
Breakfast - very average. It wasn't bad, but also nothing special. Just average.
The transfer to airport - 11,58Euro (40 LTL). Nice driver :)

Room Tip: If you expect something special according to the brand - Radisson, think about some other place. How...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jurate R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review and for your stay with us.
My apologies for the inconvenience you had due to renovation of our 2nd floor. The renovation work will be finished by the end of March this year and our hotel guests will enjoy our fully renovated rooms including bathrooms.
Looking forward to welcome you back and if you have any other concerns please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail: jurate.rudiene@radissonblu.com

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I am a regular business traveler and spend at least 9 days per month traveling across Eastern Europe. For me it is important to know that if I stay in Radisson Blu, the service will be the same across the hotels. However, to by biggest surprise, this 5 star hotel charges 10 EURO for the gym! I find it disgusting and it has ruined all my loyalty towards this chain of hotels. I have ignored the fact, that Radisson Blu charges for water or never provides essentials like cotton cosmetic pads, but the gym charge is over the top! It is a very bad attitude towards the customers and I am deeply disappointed with this kind of management decision that is against me as a loyal consumer.

Room Tip: Tip to a traveler: choose a different hotel. Vilnuis is plenty of 5 star little hotels that are chea...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jurate R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Karina,

Thank you very much for sharing your review and for your stay with us. My apologies for the inconvenience you had regarding the fitness center charge which applies if you stay in our standard room. For the guests staying in our Business Class rooms - the fitness services are complimentary.

However, we appreciated your comment, please write to me jurate.rudiene@radissonblu.com if you have any further concerns.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Quite nice hotel in a very central location. An overall impression is good, but for a couple of perks: the furnishing is quite old, the windows do not filter the noise from the street (quite unpleasant during the weekend), long distance walks along the corridors to the room. In general, it is a high standard hotel, well equipped, with a nice restauranta, a good breakfast, and exceptionally friendly staff.
All fine although these days Radisson is no longer competitive with other newer, retro-style hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Hanna,

Thank you very much for your review and for your stay with us. The hotel is undergoing renovation at the moment and we will look much nicer once the works are finished. The end of renovation is planned by the end of March.

Looking forward to welcome you back and hope that you will enjoy our hotel even more in the future.

Regards,