“Stylish Hotel in the Heart of Old Town”

Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius
Ranked #8 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Stylish Hotel in the Heart of Old Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you like quintessential old-town Europe, then Vilnius has one of the finest - the cobblestone roads, interesting architecture, and authentic shops and restaurants surround the property. And this property is right in the middle of it all - which makes the location superb. The hotel has two parts - an older 'original' and the newer addition. I've stayed at the his hotel a few times and prefer the authentic 'original' section of the property - including walking down the charming staircase. Although this isn't the typical 5 star experience, the 'old town' nature of the hotel has a charm unique to its own - which is why I have such an affection to this place. The breakfast selection is also superb with a nice touch of local Lithuanian cuisine along with the favourites. There is also a nice - but small - bar that has great views of the street.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
rdklaipeda, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear John B,

Thank you very much for your pleasant comments about your stay and about the location of our hotel which is indeed the best location in Vilnius city and within easy reach to the main city attractions, boutiques, shops, restaurants and many more...
I look forward to welcome you back and hope you continue to enjoy our services and location.
Jurate Rudiene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

It seems that every celebrity who comes to Vilnius, from Bob Dylan to Prince Charles, has stayed at this hotel. Located in the heart of the old city, it is a perfect place for the first-time visitor to experience this town. Restaurants, museums, churches -- all are within walking distance, and the only time you'll really need a car is to get to the airport, or to venture further afield -- say, to Trakkei.

When compared to the standards of a Four Seasons, it can't compete as it's not on the same level as a five-star luxury hotel in Paris or London, but in Lithuania, it is certainly one of the best, which is why I give it five stars. We stayed in a suite (which I recommend, as the regular rooms looked small), and we were very pleased with the accommodations. We were provided with bathrobes and slippers, chocolates, and even a platter of fruit. You will have to navigate two elevators if you're in the newer wing, but I find this is quite common in other historic hotels in Europe. The service was friendly and the staff spoke excellent English. There is some renovation going on in the new wing, which means some construction noise over the next few months, but it didn't really bother us as we were out and about during the day. I had no noise issues at night, and found that the evenings were quite peaceful, which surprised me in the heart of a city.

The Brasserie is also worth mentioning, as it serves reliably good French bistro food. During our stay in Vilnius, I ate at about ten different restaurants around town, none of them particularly outstanding. I came to decide that the hotel's brasserie was one of the best places I dined at. (Loved the trout with almonds, and the buttered spinach!)

I notice that other reviewers have mentioned various problems with this hotel, but we found nothing at all to complain about. In fact, if we were to return to Vilnius, we would choose the Radisson Blu again.

Best of all -- as Americans, this hotel was amazingly inexpensive, even for a suite!

Room Tip: Book a suite!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
rdklaipeda, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your pleasant comments and for your stay with us. I am and my team are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and our services including our location which is no doubt is the best location in Vilnius City.

I am also very happy that you have preffered our restaurant among the others in Vilnius. We serve French Cuisine and have one of the biggest menu of French wines and champagnes. I am glad that you have enjoyed it.

I look forward to welcome you back and thank you one more time for your comments those are big motivation for my team and induces us to be even better.

Espoo, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was a long way from the reception to my room. I had to take two lifts even though I was staying on the 3rd floor. The hotel wing was under renovation and therefore I saw scaffolding when looking out. The street was quite noisy (car alarms, drunken people singing on Monday!) and very early in the morning the workers started their job.
The restaurant was a disappointment. Some of the dishes were sold out although we vere virtually the only customers.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for the your stay and for your review. The restoration work of our facade will be complete in two weeks time which is before March 15th, 2013. I am sure that if you come back you will not be disturbed by the construction work which is being done during the day time only.
Could you please write to me to my e-mail: jurate.rudiene@radissonblu.com and comment about the restaurant services as I would like to assure you that all dishes from the menu are available which is the case during most of the times.

Looking forward to welcome you back and I am sure that you will enjoy your stay.

Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at this hotel for the first time I was quite disappointed. The room that I stayed in was of average size but looked a bit dated. Many things that you usually expect from the 5 star hotel were not there - no drinking water in the room, only from the minibar, no bathrobe or slippers and finally I had a ironing board next to my bad, which does not seem right. When I addressed my concerns to the stuff I was told that this is a standard room, and not an upgraged one. Well it felt like a 3 star room in a 5 star hotel. Also, I have asked for a wakeup call and almost overslept because no one called.
Other than that the location is great and the stuff was helpful. Also, nice restaurant. Not the best overall experience.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Kirill K,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and for your comments about our hotel and about our services. I was sorry to hear that your stay was not pleasant and you have experienced some noise from the street which sometimes happen due to our location in the very centre of the old town and our proximity to some night clubs those are open on the weekends mostly. Regarding room size - we have very different rooms and very different room sizes at the hotel as this is an old building and it was restored in order to preserve it's charm from the old time which goes back to 1901.
Water in the room is not provided (only in Business Class and Suites) as in Vilnius you can drink water from the tap (Vilnius city has one of the better drinking waters in Europe).
Thank you for the nice comments about our restaurant.
I hope you return back and enjoy your stay and our true hospitality.

Carnikava, Rigas, Latvia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We arrive to the hotel and took an upgrade to business class.There was a nice box of chocolates and a personal greeting card waiting for us. The room had a nice sauna, a huge bed and plush carpets. Then we went to sleep and realized, too late, that we were set right on top of a NIGHTCLUB!! It was 0130 and we were totally unpacked so we thought to maybe rough it out...they went until 0800 when we finally gave up trying to sleep and went down for breakfast. I lodged a formal complaint in writing to the receptionist who the whole time was blaming US for not packing up and coming down for another room! She promised the Manager would contact me asap to discuss the complaint...now it is a week later and no response. Our company spends thousands a month at this chain in Vilnius but I can say that we will NOT stay at this particular hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask about the nightclub and stay away from room 230!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
rdklaipeda, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Colin L,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comments those are very valuable and helps us to improve. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not acceptable which is a big dissapointment for all of us hear at the hotel. I personally will put all effords in order to assure that yuor issue is being addressed and in the future you experience our true hospitality being in the very centre of the old town of Vilnius.

Please write to me jurate.rudiene@radissonblu.com as I would like you offer you stay with us again and enjoy your stay.

Sincerely yours,
crewe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a February weekend with fiancé and some friends.
Plus points-location (just around the corner from the town hall in the old town), breakfast-buffet style with a good choice, rooms-clean and tidy and well sized. Negatives-hotel and rooms in particular we're very warm and as the hotel is so close to bars etc we had to open the window and it got quite noisy!
Finally-Virgis the concierge. He was fantastic-very very helpful and gave us loads of tips and advice of where to go, made reservations for dinner and taxis etc. He is a star and really stood out from the rest of the friendly staff-thanks.
Hotel is highly recommended if you go to Vilnius

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
rdklaipeda, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your stay with us and your good comments about our hotel and about our services and especially about our concierge - Virgis.
I look forward to welcome you back if your travel brings us to our destination.

Whitby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed there 3 nights with my wife and son and his girlfriend for my birthday. Staff very friendly great room and view over square. Checked in at 1pm in morning and receptionist must have noticed from my passport that i was celebrating an important birthday . On going back to room on the afternoon of my birthday was surprised and delighted to find a bottle of complimentary champagne and a bowl of fruit. Location couldn't be better . Will definitely be going again sometime.

Room Tip: There is a choice of Business class and standard we were lucky enough to get a standard room but fac...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your review and for the nice comments about our hotel and our services. I wish you also the best years to come for your birthday and look forward to welcome you again at one of the best hotels in Vilnius.