“Jackpot”
Review of Druskos Namai - CLOSED

Druskos Namai
Cuisines: European, Diner, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Druskos Namai "Salt House" was established in 2012. Our main focus is on food quality; sourcing as much as possible while in season from local farmers and suppliers. Our menu can change on a daily basis depending on what is at the peak of freshness and availability.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I believe it was waiter called Dominic (i have really bad name memory) that gave us excellent service. Was the best experience while visiting Vilnius. Atmosphere is fantastic, food is simple but very good, like it is supposed to be. Restaurant is on two floors. It is wise to make an early reservation for the weekends and busy holidays because the restaurant can hold little less than 30 people on the ground floor and about 20 people or so on the cellar floor.
The only thing that they did not have at that time was champagne by the glass. I'm sure they will fix this in the future ;)
When i will be in Vilnius, I will go back there again!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The best discoveries are usually the ones we stumble across by accident and late January this year that’s exactly what happened to me.
I found myself on a short stop over in Vilnius, Lithuania on route to Dublin. As I wondered the streets of the wonderful city of Vilnius, Lithuania I came across the hidden jewel of Vilnius ,a restaurant called Druskos Namai Restoranas on Uzupio Street.
Friendly and intuitive waiting staff professionally guides you to your classically set table with its crisp linen napkins.
Everything about this restaurant is effortless, ambiance, staff, menu, cuisine, but also without exception, top quality.
I had Lambatelo steak with potato chips and mustard; to say it was superb is an understatement, a month later I can still feel the beef melting in my mouth.
The carefully designed menu (changes every week) includes all the standard international classics (and many chef specials).
The intimate seating and over sized single table means unlike most restaurants there is room for all the dishes on the one table. No squeezing the tables together to get extra seating in Druskos Namai. Everything in Druskos Namai is about quality not quantity although there was no shortage or “skimping” on the amount of food served for each course.
Then there is the wine list. Gareth (the owner and Chef, who happened to be in the restaurant that evening) told me that they pride themselves on the excellent choice and range of classic wines, but also have a wide selection of specialized wines which are well priced with many of them hidden gems that are rarely marketed outside their production area.
Last but not least most of the food is locally sourced throughout Lithuania (yes top quality Beef, Lamb, Poultry and Fish are all Lithuanian, contributing to the local economy, yes, brilliant) on a daily basis where possible, now that’s what I call freshness. Owner told me, they are trying to be as sustainable as possible with zero or close to zero waste of products.
The Druskos Namai Restaurant is fine dining at its very best all served in a relaxed atmosphere. One word to describe my experience - PERFECT. "

3  Thank MeldDublin
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

It is true, that the staff is verry attentive, warmhearted and helpful. Starters, salads, soups, main courses as well as desserts here are tongue-smacking.
2 small minuses were: a little bit stinky toilete and the problems with credit card machine. We paid with cash and the waiter was very sorry, so he presented us 2 local natural lollipops, it was so nice. Really liked this place))

1  Thank Valentine_Sokur
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked this restaurant via web research in advance, for my 50th Birthday.
I wanted traditional restaurant, with top quality food and a professional service to fit the ocassion. To be honest I was very apprehensive before hand as there were so many good choices in Vilnius and often I don't take reviews or "League Tables results' seriously, even though it was NO.1 on trip adviser .

I emailed Gareth ( the owner) several times to arrange a menu for 21 people in advance, who was great at getting back with ideas or answers quickly.

I need not have worried!

The evening was fantastic and they did us proud. Every single person said it was a lovely restaurant and a great choice. The food was delicious and there was not a single complaint by anyone.
well done to you all and thank you.

2  Thank Karl B
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have choosen this restaurant because of the reviews in TripAdvisor. We can only say good things about the restaurant: food was honest (not over the top but very well cooked), I asked for a celeriac soup and that was what I got, a very tasty soup! Service was very good and we were very surprise to know that the restaurant is only open since April!! It looks outside Vilnius town centre but it is just a 15 minutes walk from the cathedral.

1  Thank RaquelGouveia