“Cheap and tasty”

Ranked #138 of 754 Restaurants in Vilnius
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Vegetarian restaurant "Radharane" started at 1999. Now we are a big and friendly staff to feed thousands of people in Lithuania and successful working as vegetarian restaurant's web in Kaunas and Vilnius.The colours and spices of India, millennium cultural traditions, heady scent of sandalwood and patchouly, amazing kitchen - this is what you'll find in vegetarian restaurant ''Radharane''. We offer (for bussiness and individual people) :::: Private exotic evenings at inspirational place::: Evenings, meetings, hols for firms ::: Banquets::: Also original cakes with a natural products by owner Rasa Maciuliene, always fresh and tasty!
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Cheap and tasty”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place excellent for quick, cheap and tasty lunch - if this is what are you are looking for. But I would rather choose another place to hang out with friends or for special occasions.

I often visit this place at weekends when I'm lazy to cook at home. This is a good alternative for home-made food as it is always fresh, tasty, (I believe) healthy and very cheap. Yoga coffee costs here ~1 Eur (3,5 Lt), main dish 3-4 Eur.

Don't forget to take some samosas away (my favorite is with vegetable filling).

• Visited December 2012

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,126 helpful votes
“Food with love & affection”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you need or are used to eating food cooked with love and affection (loads of TLC), Radharane is your stop in Vilnius. It does not have an extensive menu, but each item is delicious and just right. The energy in the place as you enter is palpable and you want to just absorb the entire experience. If you would like a more authentic expeience, go on the back side, and sit on the cushions on the floor. You will be transported to a different world, away from dead animals and artificial food that is plenty on that street as you surface out. Count your blessings as you enjoy the food and give gratitude for having such a place to dine in Vilnius.

Visited November 2012
Basel, Switzerland
“Don't expect real (traditional) Indian food!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was a bit disappointed because on the website they wrote it would close at 10pm but when I arrived at 8.40pm first they did not even want to serve anything but (cold) Samosas. After I had expressed my disappointment I could eventually manage to get something hot to take away.

I was not especially impressed by the quality of the food, though they emphasized everywhere the use of only the best ingredients. Overall I think it was ok (rice with some vegetables and paneer). The "Yogi coffee" actually a Chai without tea, just with a little milk, a lot of water and spices was rather disappointing, I really expected something better. I also took a Samosa and was rather unpleasantly surprised when I noticed that it was only filled with a sort of sweet Paneer.

Knowing quite well traditional Indian dishes in general and especially Ayurvedic rules it became immediately clear to me that all the proposed dishes are rather a free style Indian art food than something else. The taste may be good but you cannot speak of it as Indian food, not to mention Ayurvedic food (rules).

I think I will nevertheless go back there one time to try something else, hoping to get it served in their little (simple) restaurant. As vegetarian at least the big available choice of dishes is very pleasant.

I just went back there a few days later and the service was really not very nice. I had to find out myself what was in the different sweets which were exposed and the help I got was really not pleasant at all. To wear a Sari does not change much to this fact... The Samosa I took (not sweet this time) was just average in taste and the sweet based on almonds not much better. I'm not sure I will get there again a third time now.

• Visited August 2012
Berlin, Germany
“Good for some vegetarians”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

mostly Indian style food. am vegetarian but I do not like the food like this. Meniu is reach, so if you like Indian food it is good place for fast dinner. Not very cozy for long chats.

Visited April 2012
Lancashire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A perfect place for lunch”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

As a vegetarian I don't often get a lot of choice in most parts of Europe so when I passed Radharane I had to give it a try. It's down some steps on Gedimino, which seems to be the main drag. The ambience is all a bit eastern spiritual, with orange decor and chill-out music, which is OK if you're into all that. The food however was superb. We had the lentil soup to start, which came with some sort of local bread, and both were delicious. Our main course of some sort of tomato/soya dish with rice was equally good and it was a very generous portion as well. The staff were friendly and helpful and with a coffee and a lassi the bill was only £12. I'll definitely return next time I'm in town.

• Visited February 2012