“Fantastic Tour by Bike”

and up
Vilnius City Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Velo-City Vilnius organises bicycle tours during the season. Bicycle rental, information on cycling, more active leisure trips. Vilnius Bike Tour "All sides of Vilnius", daily at 11.00 a.m. (not on Sundays) from April to September. During off-season on request
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Bologna, Italy
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour by Bike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My Canadian tour guide, Veronica, road with me around the old town and the surrounding areas, giving me more information, and more interesting information than I could have asked for. I take a lot of walking/biking tours with this informal format, and this has been one of the best. She had answers to all of my questions, and I could tell they were rooted in research and study of the area. As we talked, she tailored the tour, areas, and topics to my interest. We went to out of the way places I would have never sought out on my own, or found in a simple guidebook.

I brought my own bike, which was no problem. I could tell they prefer bookings in advance, however, I called the morning of and was able to get in without any issue. She also had very good bike etiquette and made the most of stops.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank myles6781

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Cycling Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We found Velocity by chance whilst looking through the pamphlets and fliers in our hotel reception area. We had tried, before arriving in Vilnius, find out about cycling on the Internet - but with no success.
The bikes were in good condition and we even had the opportunity to try out an electric one before setting off.
We were guided by Veronica, who was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and fun. Veronica made the tour very interesting by telling us about her family and past experiences. Nothing was too much trouble and she kept checking that we were OK with the route and sights.
I would definitely hire the bikes again and try cycling out of the city to Trakai and getting the train back ...if I was too tired to cycle.
Bike hire and guide - approx 4 hrs was 50LT each.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank BumbleBee
Utrecht
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Vilnius bike tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Nice way to tour the city, interesting to see the contrast between the beatiful old town, ugly Sovjet blocks, a poor wooden neigberhood and the new highrise buildings in the Europa project. Knowladgebele and fun tourguide (although I did not get all his jokes :-)).

2 Thank nicoloos
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We rented bikes from Velo City Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

We wanted to hire bicycles because, quite simply, it's the best way to see and experience a city.
Velo City were helpful, attentive and sensibly priced. Plus, we took up the option of a guided tour , led by the impeccable Veronica who, as a Canadian-Lithuanian, was fluent in English. She took us through the Old Town, to sites of cultural interest, through a Soviet-era housing project, and into the brash sky-scraping new Vilnius. A fascinating tour with all the information we wanted, and a damn good lunch to boot.
We recommend this company!

Visited August 2011