“A lovely place off the tourist trail”

Hotel Vivulskio Apartments
Ranked #7 of 75 Vilnius B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2012

These apartments are in a quiet neighbourhood, just a few minutes walk away from old town. They are about a 20 minute walk from the train and bus stations. I was warned not to bother with a cab, and walk it instead. I'm glad I did. There are 2 supermarkets nearby, and one restaurant. Everything else seems to be in Old Town. My room, complete with wifi, was bright and airy with a wonderful terrace to sit out on. Bizarrely, the kitchen was out of the apartment, just past the apartment next door. It was private; however, I still needed to get dressed to go out to the fridge for fear of someone seeing me! The receptionists were helpful and were able to look after my luggage for 8 hours after checkout, which was a real bonus for me.
These apartments are clean, spacious and modern, and excellently priced.
By the way, I have been to over 200 cities - and Vilnius is up there near the top, probably only behind Rome and Seville in terms of beauty and things to see. It was a big surprise to me - and another reason for you to stay at Vivulskio Apartments!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Ootytooty

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hotel is very nice, in a quiet neighbourhood and not far from the city centre. The room we got at first didn't have a wifi connection, but because of electricity not working properly they changed our room immediatelly to a double room instead of twin room free of charge. Furniture and bathroom is modern and clean. I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were met by a very friendly smiling lady at reception. She saw that we were tired, so she checked us in and let us pay for our stay after we have some rest (although we did not leave any c\c for deposit).
After this first positive impression followed the next one - we entered the room and were impressed by the design: ultra modern, colorful and in the same moment not annoying, all the details are in full compliance with the design concept. Rooms was perfectly cleaned. The bathroom, although it is not too large, is also very clean, all the equipment works properly. There was nothing to wish above that!
Few hours later suddenly I got a call from work and had to do some computer work, but I had no laptop with me. So I had to ask a receptionist to help me, however I was clearly understanding that the only thing she could (which would be such a favor from her side) dois to offer me her computer and that was exactly what she did. I was very surprised and I am still very grateful to her, cause she helped me a lot.
Definitely if I stay again in Vilnius, I will chose Vivulskio Apartments. I would like to recommend this wonderful cozy hotel to those who are searching for not a fancy place with perfect service and cental location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CP_Assistance
Reviewed July 6, 2012

A very pleasant surprise! Immaculate and spaceful rooms with modern, colourful decos. For £34 per night, this was definitely a bargain! The location is slightly far from the city centre, I believe the walk to old town was about 25 mins but it was peacefully quiet. They also had a flat screen TV with a selection of english cable channels. They had coffee/tea making facilities in each room, a large wardrobe, a fridge and a hair dryer. The rooms had different colour schemes which I thought was a nice touch. Reception was happy to mind our belongings after checkout.

Tip: Book Ekipazas for taxi rides as the taxis lined outside the airport will rip you off almost quadruple the price. We only got charged about 12 litas to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Good little place this. More of a hotel than apartments. "Splashed out" and paid a whopping c.£42 a night for one of the suites ie large double room with good sized bathroom (walk-in shower). The room was clean, functional with plenty of space, and looking like it had been refurbished/opened recently. All staff were friendly, courteous and spoke good English. A point of information: they DO take credit cards (the information from other reviewers is out-of-date on this point). Did not take the breakfast option so can't comment on the food provision.
It is actually fairly easy to get to from the airport - which is VERY close to the centre ie 12 minutes (or bus/train stations). There is a bus stop 5 minutes walk away. If you are reasonably confident get the No. 2 bus from the airport - would suggest looking out for the Green Onion Domed Church on your right about 10 mins into the journey (keep your eyes peeled as it is down a side street but very visable if you are looking) and get off at the next stop. If you have any sense you will have googled a map (which will show the church) and find your way from there. Otherwise take the No. 1 bus to the central bus station and walk (from here will take about 15 mins.). This (at the time of writing) will cost you 2.50 litas (you can pay the driver) rather than the 50 litas you are likely to be charged by a taxi. The bus stop at the airport is on the left as you come out of arrivals, however, the buses can be reasonably infrequent after 5.30 pm. As mentioned by other reviewers the hotel is about a 15 mins. walk to the Old Town but, be warned, the journey back is uphill so if you are not too big on walking or if, like me on the first evening, you have turned your ankle over on the none too well maintained pavements it can be a bit of a pain.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and go for a suite.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I've spent about 8 nights there with my girlfriend. We booked the Apple room and it was amazing. Room was smaller, but very well equiped - wardrobe, small fridge, tea and coffee service added every day, nice shower and toilet. Some people here were complaining about too tough beds but I do not agree, bed was great. :) For young couple it was perfect stay and another advantage is that we've got 20% discount for our stay. :) When we let pizza to deliver to our room, the receptionist came to our room and gave us a notice :) We were even allowed to keep our bags in the cellar when we went on the trip to Riga and Tallinn. I can only recommend!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Apple room, but my oppinion is that each room must be nice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Travelled to Vilnius for a city break with a Group of 12 friends to celebrate a 50th Birthday. As organiser of the trip, I found that the staff at Vivulskio were excellent to deal with via email and were able to accommodate all our needs. The rooms were very tastfully decorated, comfortable and were spotlessly clean. The staff were available 24hrs on reception and were without exception friendly and helpful. The appartments are located about 10/15 minutes walk from the centre of town in a nice location which was part offices part residential. There are cafes and a supermarket just a minute or so away. All of us in the party are seasoned city break travellers and we all thought both the appartments and the city were great. I would love to go back there some day - and would use the same appartments.
Just a little about Vilnius. What a delightful city - I've been on lots of city breaks in Europe and this has got to be up there with the best. A place with something for everyone - lots of contrasts. One minute you are in a grand square - a few minutes later in quaint narrow streets, a few minutes on an you are in a rural setting surronded by trees and a river. At night it is has a lively cosmopolitan feel - with hundreds of great restaurants and bars to choose from.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends