“Great German Food”

BUNTE GANS
Ranked #12 of 839 Restaurants in Vilnius
Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our family owned German restaurant Bunte Gans is situated in the heart of Vilnius Old Town. We kindly invite you to try various German and international A la Carte dishes prepared with special care and attention. We are glad our effort is appreciated by local guests as well as visitors from all over the world, who express their good impressions of our service and food. As soon as you step into the place, we promise to do our best to make your visit warm and pleasant.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nicely located beside the Gates of Dawn this restaurant serves great German food. The spatzles I got here were better than many I got in Germany, Service is good the price was reasonable, well recommended.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant has a great environment, great food, excelent service, live music in the evenings. It's just a great place to spend romantic evenings, to be with your friends and have a great beer festival. It's appropriated for everybody: couples, family, friends, business, solo.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good place to have dinner with friends in German style! All dishes are tasty, but most of all I liked beer and sausages, just like in Munich.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was in here late May so even on a Saturday night, there were only a few tables of people in there. My waitress spoke English well enough which is always nice. She allowed me to substitute a small spatzle in lieu of roasted potatoes with my main meal which was very nice. I got chicken schnitzel, red cabbage and spatzle. It was all pretty tasty. She vanished after she served my meal so I had to go up to the bar to get another drink. Restaurant staff in the Baltics don't check on you after they served the meal but typically you can flag them down, I don't know where this girl went! There was definitely nothing outstanding about this place and with so many other restaurants in such a small area, I don't think I would recommend it. It was decent, but nothing great.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I probably did not pick the right time to try out his restaurant as the staff seemed somehow pretty unhappy they had to serve or they were simply tired from the day before.
In any case the service was far from being friendly and the food was just ok.
Overall a very mediocre experience...

1  Thank geertsnaet