“Had a great night”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow
“Had a great night”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a private room in the cellar and decided to go for the sharing food. We had the pitchfork of meat and the fish plate with a plate of differently prepared potatoes. W couldn't fault it and the bonus was that it was so reasonable. The staff were very pleasant and helpful

• Polish first
London
“Diarrhea”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been to this restaurant few times before, but visit few weeks ago was very disappointing. We were six people having dinner, and three of us ended up having very bad food poisoning. One of my friends is still recovering.
Please be warned against this place and choose something else. There are plenty of other restaurants in Vilnius which serve nice Lithuanian food.

1 Thank KIM8899
England
“Excellent!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

You enter this place and then realise that the actual restaurant is subterranean. Going down a set of stairs it was a surprise to find just how big this restaurant is, there are several rooms as well as some nooks and crannies all underground. The cellar location added to the atmosphere of the place but it was not claustrophobic. It was busy and I think we were lucky to get a table, I would suggest booking.

This is a typical Lithuanian restaurant serving a range of national favourites. I began with the pickled herring, it was beautifully presented, garnished with dill, fresh and tasty. My wife had the beetroot based soup which was excellent.

For a main course my wife had the pork, and I had boar stew, both dishes were cooked to perfection, and accompanied with a range of fresh vegetables

For dessert I had the range of ice creams and my wife had the chocolate cake, which I am informed was 'to die for!'

The service was efficient and the food represented good value for money. A meal for four people, three courses with several beers cost about £55 in total. I would recommend this place.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank 1Englishman
new york
“WORST MEAL IN A LONG TIME”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Other than the atmosphere and the beer,everything was bad..First a smelly waiter, then the chicken liver in the salad and the chanterelles
mushrooms were chewy,,,the flounder was dry and overcooked...the potatoes were overboiled,,,the zeppelin was gooee...the meat was
inside was ok..we barely touched our meal...sorry

Burlington, Vermont
“Went twice!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Originally went here for our first dinner in Vilnius because of the recomendation of our very helpful porter at Mabre. Easy to find, great atmosphere in the cellar, very good food, great service and an excellent value. Actually returned for our last dinner in Vilnius. Try the duck, it was outstanding! Would definately return.

1 Thank chargers22