“Nothing to write home about”
Review of Hotel Tilto

Hotel Tilto
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Brüssel
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a normal, decent hotel but I did not find it very exciting. The location is great - pretty close to the Old Town. My room was spacious and offered everything needed. The bathroom was dark - seemingly dated brownish/yellowish tiles - and one bulb was not working. I had to work and needed to leave early on a Saturday morning: No breakfast before 8 o'clock. However I did not complain about it because I had breakfast the morning. The breakfast room is downstairs, small and amost windowless. There is a huge offer of almost everything - and this is efinietely too much. I did not touch the scrambled eggs because they looked soggy and extremely liquid. settled for boiled eggs, bread and a cup of coffee. The bar is closed later in the evening but the receptionist was selling 2 bottles of beer and was kind enough to open them (no opener at the room). Bottom line: I was somewhat disappointed . But I have seen much worse.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is the second time that I have stayed at this lovely (and very under rated) Hotel in Vilnius.

As Director of Baltic Imports Australia, I have very good reasons to travel to the Baltic States on a regular basis, and initially chose this Hotel based on reviews that I had read in 2012. Previously, I had stayed at another (very good) Hotel about 5 minutes walk from here in 2009 which was about twice the price.
I was initially a little bit cautious, but the reviews were so good, I thought I would give it a go.

This Hotel offers all that you could possibly want in a Hotel, (with the exception of a fridge in the room), for a very reasonable cost.

It is 5 minutes walk from the centre of Old Town Vilnius - which is stunning, and my favourite city in Europe.

The staff are wonderful, and speak very good English, the beds are great, and the breakfasts are also very good, and included in the cost of your room.

Room Tip: Choose a larger/executive room for more space. I always request room 108.
3 Thank Troy J
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am really happy of choosing this hotel for my holiday. Perfect place for communication in Vilnius town. Staff working in hotel is very friendly. Rooms are very comfortable. Sure i recommend Tilto hotel for my friends.

Room Tip: Just ask staff to show you pictures of the rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Vilnius
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel is really well located and the people working there are absolutely kind.
Compared to the pictures on the website, is absolutely poorer (you wan't recognize bedrooms and guinness bar i.e.).
The price is, in my opinion, too high for the level of the hotel look and facilities.
By the way, it is very well located and people at the reception really kind.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank Elisa O
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel and could not have been happier with our choice. The staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and decent size, and the food was good! Definitely worth what we paid for.
The hotel is in the centre and everything is within a short walk from the hotel.

I would definitely recommend hotel tilto to anyone and cant wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Riverside, California
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at The Tilto Hotel for eight nights in August. Conveniently located on the edge of Old Town, not far from the Cathedral
Every member of the reception team (Gerda specially) provided excellent customer service, again at times when we needed help or had any questions, they were exceptional in going out of their way to help us. The rooms were lovely, very clean and well furnished with very comfortable beds, service was friendly and attentive.
Danute Jurksaitis

We are definitely recommending the Tilto Hotel to our friends and will certainly come back again next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My friends and I vacationed here this past summer and we absolutely loved it!! It was in a wonderful location, and the staff were very gracious and went out of their way to accommodate for us. The food was well prepared and the rooms were a good sized and kept very clean. We enjoyed our stay in Hotel Tilto. If you are planning a trip to this lovely city I would definitely recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends