Downtown Market B&B
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
Conti Hotel(Vilnius)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I've just returned from my second visit to the Old Market Guesthouse - once again I was amazed by the standard they maintain. This was my fifth trip to Vilnius, so I have some experience of other hotels - and I can honestly say that for service and value for money the Old Market cannot be beaten.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We enjoyed everything about this centrally located gem.

If you want interesting bedrooms with bathrooms of a high standard and the most friendly staff imaginable, this is for you. Nothing could faze the wonderful bunch of people who run this establishment.

Breakfast is served to your room and is substantial plus very healthy. We were set up for the day and the coffee was so good that I 'cheated' daily and had two cups for breakfast alone!

Highly recommended and am looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Nicely decorated unique rooms based around a market feel give this centrally located hotel a quirky feel.

Only quibbles were an too soft beds and slightly more pricey than what we paid for rest of our hotels in the region - well worth it overall though. They brought us breakfast in bed which was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2008

I stayed in Old Market Guest house with my girlfriend. They gave to us a nice red boudoir-style room with big bed and nice decorations. Top location and great staff. See you again!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 12, 2008

One of the best B&B's I've ever been to!!! Great value for money, friendly service and definitely different and unique design. We are definitely coming back!

We (me and my friend from UK) stayed here for 2 nights in the beginning of June. We stayed in the flora room, which was a good size and immaculate, as was the bathroom by the way. Towels were new and clean, liquid soap was provided. We were very surprised that our room was cleaned and beds were made every day like in a 4 star hotel!!! We were also impressed by the design of it. For instance our room had a wall to write on (with colour chalk provided). We asked and were shown the other rooms, which had some cool details. There was a stencilled fish in one of them and runny chocolate colour walls in the other, not forgetting the “writing wall” in our room. Do ask once you are there, because it very different from anywhere I have stayed. By the way, what I noticed when visiting their website (www.oldmarket.lt), is that you can pre-order a specific room and they also have pictures of each, so you can see what you are getting.

Every morning we got nice breakfast which was served directly to out rooms at the time we preferred, so we weren’t rushed (also helps to know that what you eat is organic). During our stay we got different breakfast (another pleasant surprise), though not sure if it’s different every morning, or whether they have a 3 day cycle or smth similar. Whichever way, if you stay longer, you don’t get bored of eating the same stuff.

The staff was great! Answered all the questions, advised on places to go, things to see and even helped us organise a tour of Vilnius!!! They also have wifi access in every room for free. I didn’t have my laptop, but I was allowed to use their computers to check my mail, which I though was nice of them. Overall, it seemed like they were trying to make use feel like home!

I’d say the only downside was the exterior and the staircase that led to the hostel, but then it is more or less common to the all Old Town of Vilnius. On the other hand, I though the rugged exterior and the quirky interior matched very well! Whichever way, once you get in, you are in a completely different world! I would definitely recommend staying here over any soulless and sterile international hotel chain found in the Old Town!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)