“New, clean, good breakfast”
Review of Gamanta

Gamanta
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Palanga
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The new addition of the adjoining building (with elevator) offers small but well equipped rooms with large shower and a selection of two sizes of pillow (check the closet). Mini-bar was sadly empty but drinks were available from either bar or reception. WI-FI. Great breakfast with a good selection of hot food. There is a sauna, but guests can only book (and pay for) the whole sauna per hour/session in advance, so it is not an option for individual travelers or going on impulse. Laundry service possible.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank traveling_geek_14

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed at Gamanta for 8 nights and the owner took very good care of us. The room was very nice and clean. The best thing about the hotel was the restaurant and bar with a small garden. The food was in high quality and low price.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces away from the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Sine E
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my husband and enjoyed it. Good location, close to the city center, supermarket and a local market. The hotel is cozy and pleasant, stuff was helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was great; the restaurant hall where they serve it looks very elegant, if the weather is nice you can have it outside in the inner small garden-terrace. Rooms are not big, but well-appointed, free parking, nice cafe downstairs with good selection of food, drinks and deserts. I would come back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank NatalliaS
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I would like to share with you a very unfortunate experience we had while staying in the Gamanda Hotel only few days ago. We - a group of 8 tourists from Israel - stayed at the Gamanda for 5 nights. At the 4th night we received a surprising telephone-call from the hotel owner saying that we had to pay for daily telephone calls, I allegedly made to Canada, each call for 35 minutes. It is needless to say, I have never made any phone calls from my room, neither to Canada nor any other country (I had my cellular phone with me). However, the owner lyingly insisted, she had called to the number in Canada to confirm my acquaintance with the other person. When I asked her to call together to this number, the owner refused, and also declined my request to receive the claimed number to which I dialed. Furthermore, the owner claimed she had also contacted the phone company - before addressing to me - to receive a full data-sheet on my alledged made phone-calls, which I of course never received... All my efforts to persuade the owner of the truth, fell on deaf ears, and the owner even threatened to file a criminal action against us. Only the intervention of a close local family member with strong legal connections solved the situation.
By departing the owner didn´t even bother to apologize for all the distress she caused us, and changed her version completely regarding the so-called phone-calls I made.
Be Careful!
Haviva and Shmuel - Israel

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank Haviva_Gerber
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Nice cosy rooms, friendly staff and central location. Had a room in the new annex which might be different from the main building but the room was very nice with a beautiful view to the roofs of local homes and tree tops.

Breakfast was served to the table and maybe not quite what you might expect, excellent pancaces with curd, though! Not for weight watchers!

At a walking distance to the beach, next to a supermarket, many restaurants and services just next door.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank FreeMind
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I bookt this hotel for my parents and seems i wasnt wrong!They came home full of nice memories about hotel,servise,location,rooms and staff who works there!They spend good time for 30years weding aniversary!Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Juozapas
Reviewed September 29, 2006

It was just brilliant for my holidays. I didn't expect this hotel to be as good as it was... so if you plan a trip to Lithuania, go for Gamanta. I prefer this hotel, even if it takes 15 minutes walk to the sea, than stay closer in that noise!!! :) It fulfiled my needs: internet everywhere, cosy rooms, excellent food, great service!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank Rafael_Ferres