“Best meal of the trip”

Ranked #1 of 156 Restaurants in Klaipeda
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant serves traditional Lithuanian and Eastern European cuisines. In the Stora Antis dined ELO,Eath,Wind&Fire,Mireille Mathieu,Toto Cutugno,Smokie,Tower of Power,Eric Marienthal(Chick Corea Elektric Band),Incognito,Mezzoforte,Candy Dulfer and almost all the stars of Lithuanian music,theater and cinema.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you are going to Klaipeda, don't miss this one. Outstanding atmosphere and super food. I just loved this one.

1  Thank Harrin

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here tonight. We chose this restaurant because it was #1 on Tripadvisor. Now we know why. We were immediately charmed by the brick arched ceilings which we later learned had been part of a German bunker. There were old radios, phonographs, and a typewriter decorating this cozy establishment. The two servers were beautiful young women who spoke very good English. We were given an English menu which our waitress helped us navigate. We ordered dumplings she selected that were fabulous. Our entrees included a fried pork dish in cheese sauce that my husband proclaimed to be his best meal in country (one week). I had a beef paprikash that was also outstanding. The fresh vegetables and creatively arranged salads enhanced our dishes. The owner, who retired from the merchant marine, came by numerous times to check on us. He brought us vodka on the house which was really, really strong and really, really good. We had wine and beer that were very good. Our entire bill amounted to 124 Litas, a bargain in any country. I can't comment on desserts because we were way too full to order them.

3  Thank Quiltmaven1
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I were pleasantly surprised by the amazing food coming out of this kitchen! We made a reservation but were the only customers in the place on a slow Wednesday evening. Don't take this as a bad sign though-- they had great reviews, so we didn't shy away. The dumplings were amazing! Get several different kinds and share. I would highly recommend anyone to visit this wonderful little gem in Klaipeda.

1  Thank Emily W
Reviewed June 2, 2013

There are several restaurants in Klaipeda, which are just good enough - Skandalas, Friedrich's arcade restauant,
there are some more, let’s say homey, like Ridikai or in some extent La Cle (both are actually quite poor in my opinion and Ridikai is simpler but better).

Stora Antis (that means Fat Duck actually - allusion is quite clear) is a restaurant run by family with clear passion to good food.
There are 2 lines in menu – the Russian, or maybe Slavic (which probably came from the owners’ national identity) and the European (which seems to be inspired by their travels).
The food is really good, fresh, nicely presented.
Try Chrenovucha (homemade vodka (bitter) with horseradish) together with some Russian style appetizers, and then continue with steaks – they are really really good (one of the best we ever ate).
Listen to the owners - we changed our plan from dumplings to the steak following the owner’s wife recommendation and we were truly satisfied.

Very good, my personal opinion – the best in Lithuania.

1  Thank Aleksandras L
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This resturant had the best steak I have ever tasted. Nice and quiet, good service, definetly worth spending some money here!

1  Thank Speedfox1