“Very bad experience”

Good for: Bar scene
Kaunas County, Lithuania
“Very bad experience”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The general experience was very bad. The food was really not good and also the service was very slow...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Pecuno

Kaunas, Lithuania
“Americans would feel the shame in this place”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've been to Jack pub twice. I still want to give it one more chance.
My first impression was really good - I liked the atmosphere, the service and I forgot for a second that I was in Kaunas. Then I ordered a glass of beer and tortilla chips. Our waitress was nice and pretty quick.
A week later I came here again with some friends of mine with whom I spent three months in the states. We ordered burgers (all of them were incorrectly named hamburgers), tortilla chips and drinks. Even though the pub was quite empty (and chilly I have to admit) it took almost 10 mins for us to get our drinks. When our food was served (that took another 15 mins) we started noticing things. My Jack Daniels chilli burger was quite dry and the sauce seemed to be mayonnaise-ketchup-relish-thing instead of Jack Daniels-based-deliciousness. Chicken burger was undercooked (with raw meat) but at least it had more meat than chicken steak dish. One of my friends ordered chips but the waitress mistaken it with another burger (which she also served a lot later than rest of the food). So after everyone ate, tortilla chips finally came to our table.
Waitress apologized for undercooked meat (she didn't sound honest though) and gave us a discount.
In conclusion, food is really poor, prices are average, quite a lot of whiskey options, no american beer (prices start from 7.5 LTL), service depends on the girl you get, I guess. Don't go to salloon - it's cold and with terrible lights. Bar is much nicer and with great chairs that look like guitars.

• Visited February 2013