“Romantic dinner”
Review of Sadute - CLOSED

Sadute
Cuisines: European
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Took my soon to be mom girlfriend out for a romantic dinner. The atmosphere around there was nice. I liked that they had champagne by the glass, since it would have been too much for me to have a whole bottle for myself. Food was very good but did not have the WOW effect. Service was friendly and over all ok, but we expected just a little bit more for that kind of a restaurant. I know, we are not the easiest customers but know restaurant business very well.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Highly recommended! You will find tasty food, nice premices, attentive service.
Try their very special bread ice cream.

1  Thank Justin J
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Sadute is set in a basement in the Old Town Square, and has a cosy and rustic feel. The menu offers an excellent range of local dishes and wines. There aren't many options for vegetarians, but the staff will do their best to accommodate. I went twice in a week with two different parties, and I was impressed both times.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The staff was very welcoming and very friendly, which is something hard to find in Lithuania.
The food was excellent. I had the cold beet soup and pork ribs. Both of them well presented in their plate and both dishes succulent.
The only problem, was that I was on the way between the entrance and the toilets. This another lithuanin tradition, toilets in retaurants are generally public. So there always was a lot of people entering and exiting the restaurant, passing by my table, just to go to the toilet. Not the quietest way of dining!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Sadute was the best restaurant we visited during our stay in Kaunas. The food is excellent, the staff very helpful and efficient and the price acceptable.