“Good location but a good price, but rooms not great”
Review of Magnus Hotel

Magnus Hotel
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Kaunas
uk
“Good location but a good price, but rooms not great”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Pros: Great location, comfy bed, wide selection of English channels on the TV, free computer in the lobby. It was good value.

Cons: The room was a bit small, cold and not well designed. We had a strange drop-down shelf in the room, a tiny shower and the TV was badly positioned. Also, I had to go out into the coridoor to use the wi-fi.

The Magnus has a good location opposite the bus station and near to the train station. We went to the old town by trollybus (6 or 7). The trollybus left from opposite the hotel and took about 15 minutes to get to the Old Town. We walked back, which took about 40 minutes. There is a huge shopping centre (Akropolis) about 5 minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jennynumpkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
St. Maarten-St. Martin
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel just for one night as 2nd choice, having been mislead by another hotel close by ''Centre Hotel Nuova'' (see my review). I was very pleased I did as this hotel is in a far better location, 2 mins to main bus station, 5 mins walk to railway station, free parking, 15 mins walk to city center.
We were met by a very helpful receptionist and our room was very nice and no complaints of cleanliness and comfort etc.
My only complaint would be the advertised facilities as the restaurant was closed and also the rooftop bar, as it was raining and getting cold, not ideal to walk into town to eat and so finished up having a takaway chicken and a bottle of wine in the room.
I think this is a management problem and is a great shame, I would be happy to stay again, but be prepared in case this situation has not been rectified.
The breakfast was very good and would recommend to anyone staying in Kaunas
All in all this is a very good value for money hotel, this helps as I was with my girlfriend and there is a big shopping complex 5 mins walk away and cost me a fortune!!

Room Tip: request a back room as front is on main road and maybe noisy
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BalticBill
Oldenburg
Reviewed July 31, 2012

modern, excellent equipped hotel. Night concierge positiv!
But then I had to apologize that I disturbed the lady in the bar (she had o arrange chairs! .. so I had to wait..) And next morning I had to apologize that I disturbed the lady in the reception (she had o arrange files! .. so I had to wait..)
With other behaviors (respect to guests) I wood rate 2 or 3 more points.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The location of the hotel is ideal. The rooms are very modern with TV's and air conditioning, the bar on the top floor offers panoramic views of Kaunas.The international bus station is just across the road and the train station is 300 yard walk. The vibrant shopping centre, Akropolis is only a 5 minute walk and Laisves Aleja a 10 minute walk. Also the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid floors where smoking is permitted, the smell isn't very pleasant.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
kaunas
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Hotel is situated in front of Kaunas bus station. Our room was on the 3rd floor with a panoramic view of city center. Room was good, everything worked. Clean shower, snow-white towels. Excellent breakfast with hot dishes and fruits. Would recommend for orthers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Modern hotel out of the centre of town. Rooms functional - no work space, no room to put much in the bathroom. No internet access in rooms despite what the website says. We were late arriving and were not "allowed" a dessert after our main course as kitchen had just closed - although we did manage to persuade them to let us have some ice cream. The roof terrace bar - one of the main reasons we booked here, was closed for private functions. We were refused drinks in the reception bar at 9pm with a shrug of the receptionist's shoulders telling us "No, it is all closed up for the night." 2 of the female receptionists were remarkably rude and a whole attitude change would be needed for me to return.One of them even gave a roll of the eyebrows and a huge sigh when I asked for my bill - as I should have apparently asked for it the day before! I did tell her that if it was too much trouble for her, not to worry, we'll leave it and forget the bill, but this seemed to gee her up a bit! Restaurant food is pretty dire & expensive. Unlikely I'd sat here again given the wide choice of hotels in the City.

Room Tip: Try & get a room at the back - it's on a very busy main road and a trolley bus route.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business