“Got to be on you list!”

Ranked #14 of 257 Restaurants in Kaunas
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: SENIEJI RUSIAI (Old Cellars) - a European standard restaurant established in the 17 century cellars in the heart of Kaunas old town. The restaurant with the interior in the style of middle ages attracts visitors with their Napoleon's Hall, Noblemen's Hall, and the Hall of Guns. In one of the halls, there is a fresco depicting the Middle French Army crossing the river Nemunas on 24 June 1812 according to the lithography of De C. Montte. The restaurant offers seats for 100 persons, and is capable of servicing 120 persons during social evenings or buffets. We can offer European cuisine for gourmands, a large wine collection from the whole world, high class services as well as elegant and sophisticated environment.
aberdeen
“Got to be on you list!”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Excellent food, a great Belgium beer in a gold rimmed bowl (dark Grimbergen), very attentive service, and live music, best smoked salmon starter I've had followed by tasty perch in a broth, what more could you ask for, it's all there!

• Visited March 2012

• Greek first
York, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Kaunas”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I first visited the Senieji in November, and it was the first place I wanted to eat when I returned to Kaunas in February. The service is always friendly and polite, if perhaps just a little slow. But oh, if it takes them a few more minutes to make that chicken liver pate, I can wait! Just be specific about how you want your steak - mine was great, but my friend struggled to get his cooked the way he liked it. Other than that, great wine, good atmosphere, nice desserts. Oh, and superb value for money. Can you tell I like it? But don't feel obliged to go, because I want to make sure there's a table free the next time I'm there!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Davidland
Kaunas, Lithuania
“Old basement (it's name translation)”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Good place for dinner, but very different quality depend on shift in the kitchen - one is extraordinary, another - less than medium. Old house basement - sharming atmosphere.

London, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant In Town !”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Fantastic food, we had the private dining room for 9 of us, service a little slow but well worth the wait!

Visited January 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Service”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I recently have eaten in this restaurant in Kaunas. The layout and decor of the restaurant was amazing, the service was outstanding and I couldn't have faulted the food.

We were seated on the lower floor of the restaurant and I personally felt that the ambience was amazing. You felt almost like you were in a medieval castle.

The wine list was excellent and the waiter was very good at helping us pick a wine. He always made sure that we were ok and continually topped up our wine glasses.

I found the found that the food was very fresh and excellent value for money. The menu consisted of many wonderful sea food dishes however plenty of alternatives can be found. I would definitely recomend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting Kaunas.

• Visited January 2012