“Avilys was great!”

Ranked #13 of 281 Restaurants in Kaunas
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

After a dinner earlier this week with 20 persons that was a great succes (really cooked food, good wine and homemade beers in very friendly and interested atmosphere) we had lunch yesterday. We had soup and 2 caesar salads. In every restaurant a risk but not in Avilys, it was again great meals and top service. Try it and experience. Today back in The Netherlands with good memories to Kanaus and Avilys. We'll visit again.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Dined here on our recent visit to Kaunas. I was not impressed by their beer brewed on the premises, but that is perhaps a matter of personal taste. I was less impressed by the service - typically Lithuanian slow. I was told the pepper steak I ordered was filet - but it was not filet as I know it, although I cannot identify the cut from my Australian knowledge of beef.

Located next door to the Seneji Rusia restoranas, I would recommend trying the beer here then heading next door for the food.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Go here every time I'm back home. Lovely staff, lovely environment and food. Love the design and a Old town feel of it.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had lunch at this nice place. The waitress was very helpful and spoke very clear English. We had typical Lithuanian food: meat, potatoes, soup, veggie - all tasty.

Very good service.

1  Thank luke47
Reviewed May 26, 2014

To be honest - I arrived Kaunas bit late and needed place to eat. This was Thursday evening and I hadn´t table reservation. Hotel helped me by calling around and after a while I got table here for us 5. Place is located in pedestrian street and offers great dishes with local hue. In European price level - less than half of price. Worth visiting.

1  Thank Stim-man