“really faded and a bit expensive, but comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pension Svorad

Pension Svorad
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trencin
Pension Svorad
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Trencin
paris
“really faded and a bit expensive, but comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

when entering this hotel you are under the impression of being in the 60's somewhere behind the iron curtain : the furniture is out of style, the decoration makes you wish you were blind and the staff is extremely strict. in addition, there seems to be no one inside this hotel. this is definitely not a cozy place where you want to stay !
the rooms are comfortable though but a little overpriced for the country (although in this city it may be difficult to find something cheaper)
so, yes, you can go there if you don't find anything nicer or cheaper

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Pension Svorad last week. I don't have any other pensions in Slovakia to compare it to, but it was definitely cheap enough. The staff speaks very little English, so it's good my Slovakian mother in law was there to take care of all of the details.

The rooms were converted school rooms with plenty of space and storage. The bathroom was not as clean as I'd like, but overall it was OK. The school kids woke us up each morning, since our room was over the gym. It wasn't too early, so that wasn't a big deal for us.

There were numerous B&Bs around Trencin, and if we go back I think I'd try one of those. My mother in law has stayed at the Tatra and said it was very expensive, so maybe the B&Bs would be somewhere inbetween the Tatra and the Pension Svorad.

• Stayed June 2006
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2005

My brother, sister and I stayed one night passing through from Krakow to Vienna. After leaving Krakow we drove to Auschwitz and then drove to Trencin. Trencin is in a good location to stop and then visit Bratislava on the way into Vienna the next day.

The Pension Svorad is located in a part of an operating school building....high school. Kids on one side you on the other. It was interesting to see them come to school in the morning. Our hotel room looked like converted school room. Very impersonal....no frills. The beds and pillows are very good, the room was clean, staff friendly, cheap parking, great central location and a good price. That's about everything I look for in a hotel.

A good alternative to the expensive Hotel Tatra.

• Stayed September 2005