“Great weekend gate away and great food!”

Danubius Health Spa Resort Esplanade
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Piestany
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have spent two nights at the Balnea Esplanade Palace hotel in Piestany and was very satisfied with my experience.I have tried one of the spa procedures and it was great. I also spend some time at the pool (both indoors and outdoors) and it was also very nice ..the water is hot, the snacks provided by the pool were also very tasty (especially the poppy seeds strudel you have to try it its sooo delicious!) But my biggest reward this time around was the food at the Seasons restaurant! i think they have a new chef there and the food was absolutely amazing!! the selection was big, the food was seasoned properly, meat cooked to perfection ..many side dishes, healthy options were also available..the staff was nice and friendly.. so overall my stay was very nice and i will recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
SpaPiestany, Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Madam,

thank you for having chosen our Hotel Balnea Esplanade Palace for your stay. We appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay. We are really pleased that you have enjoyed your food in our hotel, as well as the whole stay and you were fully satisfied with our services

Hotel Management BEP

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Spent a weekend in this hotel located in the middle of a huge beautiful park, what a wonderful time we have had. Even though it's furnished in a basic style it's amazingly clean and well serviced, I liked the sleeping mattress in particular, heaven. There's a wide choice of food on buffet as well as possibility of dining a'la cart. Everybody can find something they like and think is yummy.The manager Mr. Mohammed overlooking every need the guests could have, very helpful and friendly. The choice of treatments in the SPA was overwhelming, I did try couple of them, it was an amazing experience, pure bliss and relax. There's a big swimming pool which stretches from the part inside which is covered to outside part, with lounge chairs to catch some sun. I stayed on Panorama floor, which has a great spacious terrace with tables with chairs and lounge chairs, where you can enjoy a cup of fantastic bio blends of lose tea which are available at the lobby of panorama floor together with fresh fruits, nice and relaxing with a book in your hand. Not to forget, there's a place where the evenings have to be spent…Retro bar. With live music and decor of good old glory days of former Czechoslovakia, couldn't believe how much fun this was. The drinks were delish and prepared "properly". I absolutely love this place, I had a really good time and would definitely come back. I highly recommend it to anybody, singles, families, couples. :) J.

Room Tip: Go for Panorama floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
SpaPiestany, Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Madam,

thank you for having chosen our Hotel Balnea Esplanade Palace for your stay. We appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay. We are really glad that you have enjoyed your stay in all the ways.

Hotel management

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was in Balnea Esplanade in Piestany in summer, but when I am friend from Belgium wanted to go to some spa in Slovakia, I again decided to go to this one. I knew, we will relax and enjoy spa in this hotel, as it has a lot of space and light, great food and nice service with good treatments. I was also curious, how the new reconstructions ended up - and I was more then surprised!
I enjoyed it again, even more this time, as I stayed there during the whole week-end.
Eva

Room Tip: I am suggesting especially the new Panorama floor.
1  Thank EvinaV

Dear Madam

thank you for having chosen our Hotel Balnea Esplanade Palace for your stay. We appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay. We are very glad that you have positively rated the reconstruction of Balneotherapy.

Hotel management

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This hotel is completely renovated. All rooms look clean ,with basic furniture .the elevator takes you to the entrance of the wellness SPA. You are allocated a table in one of the dining rooms which will be used through all your stay.Unfortunately the dining rooms have the atmosphere of a refectory of a boarding school.!!!food very bad no creativity at all , same food during all our stay,unattractive presentation of the buffet.The personnel is not very friendly lack of communication
Because of the language very poor English. No room service.
The treatments at the SPA compensate for everything.

2  Thank Samia G
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

After few months we came back to recover once again. New Balneo is really the best in Europe we believe.
Service from arriving on reception, over huge and clean room, perfect pool and excellent food...everything and everyone just great.
If you want to have a perfect time this is the place you should go...
Thanks once again to everyone
Tanya

• Stayed: April 2014
SpaPiestany, Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Madam,

thank you for having chosen our Danubius Health Spa Resort Balnea Esplanade Palace for your stay. I appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay. We are really glad that you like our new Balneo
Our team look forward to your next visit and until then we wish you good health.

Hotel management Balnea Esplanade Palace

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Amazingly beautifully located in the midst of the pleasant green and tranquil environment of the park, in the central part of Piestany's spa island. Truly loved every bit of it! Being a lonely traveler, I enjoyed the stay, the first greet from the staff welcoming at the door and the warm hello from the receptionist, it just eases the jetlagged stress!

While in the room the best thing any person/guest would do is, dump their body on the bed!! And ahh... it’s comfortably relaxing! The view from the balcony was breath taking, the greenery and fresh air...

After being to the cafe downstairs "cafe bar" soon after few trips there, the staff/waiters know exactly whats your favorite! Specially, the Moroccan Manager there, Mr. Mohammed, really did give me good service at the Café and i also managed to steal some few tips from him of the best food served here at Balnea Esplanade .
Many best things can be found under this huge roof. Sauna world, indoor and outdoor pools with various water attractions including massage jets, hot tubs, and deckchairs. Also Free WiFi.
Enjoyable activity is to take relaxing strolls through the on-site shopping passages, sit back in the cosy coffee bar or enjoy musical entertainment in the night bar.
I would strongly recommend Balnea Esplanade for families and groups and also single ladies like myself!!
5 ++++ stars for this one!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
SpaPiestany, Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Sir,

My team and I look forward to your next visit and until then we wish you good health.

Kurt J. Bichler
Hotel Director

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Balnea Esplanade Palace for to enjoy the weekend off (only 1 hour away by car) and I was searching for a place to relax. try to use Balnea palace piestany. The hotel is very nice, the room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The shower is nice , food and beverage very testy and good guilty

A-S

Room Tip: high floors good view and nice accommodation "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends