“My first time at Balneo, definitely not my last !”

Danubius Health Spa Resort Esplanade
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Piestany
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“My first time at Balneo, definitely not my last !”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Spent a weekend in this hotel located in the middle of a huge beautiful park, what a wonderful time we have had. Even though it's furnished in a basic style it's amazingly clean and well serviced, I liked the sleeping mattress in particular, heaven. There's a wide choice of food on buffet as well as possibility of dining a'la cart. Everybody can find something they like and think is yummy.The manager Mr. Mohammed overlooking every need the guests could have, very helpful and friendly. The choice of treatments in the SPA was overwhelming, I did try couple of them, it was an amazing experience, pure bliss and relax. There's a big swimming pool which stretches from the part inside which is covered to outside part, with lounge chairs to catch some sun. I stayed on Panorama floor, which has a great spacious terrace with tables with chairs and lounge chairs, where you can enjoy a cup of fantastic bio blends of lose tea which are available at the lobby of panorama floor together with fresh fruits, nice and relaxing with a book in your hand. Not to forget, there's a place where the evenings have to be spent…Retro bar. With live music and decor of good old glory days of former Czechoslovakia, couldn't believe how much fun this was. The drinks were delish and prepared "properly". I absolutely love this place, I had a really good time and would definitely come back. I highly recommend it to anybody, singles, families, couples. :) J.

Room Tip: Go for Panorama floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SpaPiestany, Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Esplanade, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Madam,

thank you for having chosen our Hotel Balnea Esplanade Palace for your stay. We appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay. We are really glad that you have enjoyed your stay in all the ways.
We look forward to your next visit and until then we wish you good health.

Hotel management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was in Balnea Esplanade in Piestany in summer, but when I am friend from Belgium wanted to go to some spa in Slovakia, I again decided to go to this one. I knew, we will relax and enjoy spa in this hotel, as it has a lot of space and light, great food and nice service with good treatments. I was also curious, how the new reconstructions ended up - and I was more then surprised!
I enjoyed it again, even more this time, as I stayed there during the whole week-end.
Eva

Room Tip: I am suggesting especially the new Panorama floor.
1 Thank EvinaV
Dear Madam

thank you for having chosen our Hotel Balnea Esplanade Palace for your stay. We appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay. We are very glad that you have positively rated the reconstruction of Balneotherapy.
We look forward to your next visit and until then we wish you good health.

Hotel management
Amman
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This hotel is completely renovated. All rooms look clean ,with basic furniture .the elevator takes you to the entrance of the wellness SPA. You are allocated a table in one of the dining rooms which will be used through all your stay.Unfortunately the dining rooms have the atmosphere of a refectory of a boarding school.!!!food very bad no creativity at all , same food during all our stay,unattractive presentation of the buffet.The personnel is not very friendly lack of communication
Because of the language very poor English. No room service.
The treatments at the SPA compensate for everything.

2 Thank Samia G
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

After few months we came back to recover once again. New Balneo is really the best in Europe we believe.
Service from arriving on reception, over huge and clean room, perfect pool and excellent food...everything and everyone just great.
If you want to have a perfect time this is the place you should go...
Thanks once again to everyone
Tanya

• Stayed April 2014
SpaPiestany, Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Esplanade, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Madam,

thank you for having chosen our Danubius Health Spa Resort Balnea Esplanade Palace for your stay. I appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay. We are really glad that you like our new Balneo
Our team look forward to your next visit and until then we wish you good health.

Hotel management Balnea Esplanade Palace
Candolim, India
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Amazingly beautifully located in the midst of the pleasant green and tranquil environment of the park, in the central part of Piestany's spa island. Truly loved every bit of it! Being a lonely traveler, I enjoyed the stay, the first greet from the staff welcoming at the door and the warm hello from the receptionist, it just eases the jetlagged stress!

While in the room the best thing any person/guest would do is, dump their body on the bed!! And ahh... it’s comfortably relaxing! The view from the balcony was breath taking, the greenery and fresh air...

After being to the cafe downstairs "cafe bar" soon after few trips there, the staff/waiters know exactly whats your favorite! Specially, the Moroccan Manager there, Mr. Mohammed, really did give me good service at the Café and i also managed to steal some few tips from him of the best food served here at Balnea Esplanade .
Many best things can be found under this huge roof. Sauna world, indoor and outdoor pools with various water attractions including massage jets, hot tubs, and deckchairs. Also Free WiFi.
Enjoyable activity is to take relaxing strolls through the on-site shopping passages, sit back in the cosy coffee bar or enjoy musical entertainment in the night bar.
I would strongly recommend Balnea Esplanade for families and groups and also single ladies like myself!!
5 ++++ stars for this one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SpaPiestany, Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Esplanade, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Sir,

My team and I look forward to your next visit and until then we wish you good health.

Bahrain, Pakistan
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Balnea Esplanade Palace for to enjoy the weekend off (only 1 hour away by car) and I was searching for a place to relax. try to use Balnea palace piestany. The hotel is very nice, the room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The shower is nice , food and beverage very testy and good guilty

A-S

Room Tip: high floors good view and nice accommodation "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have stayed at Balnea Esplanade Palace for the Easter weekend as I am living in Bratislava (only 1 hour away by car) and I was searching for a place to relax. I have to say that was the best decision I could make. The hotel is very nice, the room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The shower is very spacious and the water pressure is sufficient, not just dropping water as I experienced in many other hotels so far. The service was great and every associate was extremly friendly even the housekeeping room maids on the floor. The food was delicious and beside all the mouth watering buffets I can also strongly recommend the a la carte restaurant on the ground floor. Free WiFi in the hotel is another important advantage. Due to the occupancy during the easter weekend it was a bit difficult to get our massages booked, but eventually also this was successfully done. I can strongly recommend this hotel, the right place to take a weekend off, to relax and to get energized!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family