“TRIP TO PEISTANY By Zoran Slavic” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Piestany

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Piestany
Hotel Piestany
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Piestany
Zrenjanin
“TRIP TO PEISTANY By Zoran Slavic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

TRIP TO PEISTANY
By Zoran Slavic

It was only after taking a shower at the hotel "Piestany", in the Slovak town of the same name, which is a spa resort, I was able to look at the previous long day. Away from the hustle and bustle of the central areas, the atmosphere calm lines, sufficient comfort, visibly renovated, this hotel I really felt good. It all started yesterday, Monday 8 July. In the hotel '' Black Eagle'', a strange building that seemed to have formed from an Austrian barracks, even I would say the former prisons, in whose name says Mosonmagyarovar. There, in Hungary, close to the Austrian border, I spent the night on the way to Bratislava. From here I have often attended the tours of ancient Bohemia. This times I just went on a tour of Slovakia. So I'm going to part of the former Czechoslovakia that velvet product. In Slovakia. First to Bratislava loves you so much Ana Njemoga. The hotel '' Tatra „ . Then follow the path through the plan that ends mountain range Small Carpathians. Hills that run through their Morava. I had intended to Piestany.
I came to this place out of curiosity and to make sure it's the "miraculous" effects of trace tourist - shopping journeys of my friends from Zrenjanin, Professor Steve Zhivkov. Now, when I was on the spot, first things first: The spa is located on the Spa Island between two branches of the river Váh, at the site of several hot springs with temperatures of 67-69 ° C. The water originates in a tectonic break at 2.000 meters depth. The sulfate-carbonate water from the springs is used in pools and tubs channel of the river is also used for treatment as thermal mud pools with. Sulfurous mud extracted from the bed of a side. Truly impressive, but very lovely. For tired and sick people very helpful. I think to myself that I'm healthy! The channel of the river is also used for treatment as thermal mud pools with.
Meanwhile, while I was in a restaurant drinking coffee, the waiter told me that I was wrong for not staying at the Danubius Hotels Group, because there was a complete relax treatment. However it does not matter. Spa's services, I looked at the Napoleon Spa. It is a complex of buildings built spa neoclassicist between 1822 and in 1862. The Kolonadovy bridge, constructed by Emil Belluš in 1930-33, is a preeminent functionalist construction with many precious art objects.
This afternoon, in that same restaurant, the same waiter, he told me something interesting history and environment Piestany: A small female statue called Venus of Moravany was found in the nearby village of Moravany Váhom. It is made of mammoth ivory and is dated to 22,800 BC. It currently resides in the Bratislava Castle Museum. Then here's the story: in another nearby village, Krakovany-guard, a treasure consisting of luxury items made of glass, bronze, silver, and gold was discovered in three graves. Before we announced third-knowledge, he admitted to me that he was studying archeology.
Bringing me a "Becherovka," the local brandy, he completed his mission of tourism: the surroundings of Piestany include the Great Moravian castle of Ducové. I toasted him and Slovakia.
Leaving Piešetan I passed by a series of beautiful and classically decorated with dozens of buildings and infrastructure enviable spa.
It's late afternoon and I intend to go back to Bratislava. Then, at a crossroads
I've taken a wrong turn and in the evening I had to spend the night in the small Town of Veselí nad Moravou. In the hotel '' Rosekvet „. In Slovakian hot summer. Tracing the rainbow.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends