Danubius Health Spa Irma
Review Highlights
Spa visit

I did not stay at the hotel but I got to experience the Irma spa at the Thermia palace. Actually I... read more

Reviewed March 22, 2019
karins521
Pleasure and relaxation

Reviewed October 6, 2018
Nadrod
Boca Raton, Florida

All reviews mirror pool thermia palace next door per night on arrival mud irma massage week minutes spa hotel danubius doctor reception facilities relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2018

Our first experience with a two-week-spa stay. Contemporary, wonderfully designed and organized Spa with a generally pleasant and helpful staff. I would make an exception for the two unprofessional, unfriendly doctors with poor bedside manners ( being a doctor myself, I should know) and some scheduling staff , creating lines and anxiety at their windows. We endured on average 4 treatment a day, had 3 mediocre meals at the beautiful restaurant and were bored for the rest of the day. Maybe that what the spa has to be but we are still waiting to hear from our backs and joints that they are better . No word as yet!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

The small town of Piestany is very nice and well worth a visit. Lots of green parks and then the spa island which is really intriguing. We stayed åt the Thermia palace, not cheap but you get a lot för the money. A beautifully renoverades art noveau hotel with the Irma spa attached. A true indulgence for all senses.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018

Although owned by the same company , the Irma Spa and Danubius Hotel are separate businesses .We stayed elsewhere on bed and breakfast and enjoyed the restaurants in town instead of full board which Danubius Hotel offers .We emailed Irma in advance to book a doctors appointment on arrival. The consultation went well on Saturday afternoon and we made some bookings for recommended treatments for the next week. ( Many treatments not available on Saturday and Sunday ). During the next week we had a range of treatments relative to my and my wifes medical situation and found the Irma spa efficient and organised . You can email the Spa on their website and ask for the price list on their website, and it is not expensive . However the Danubius Thermia hotel next door is expensive for what it is (Euro 240 per night ) and not value for money. As an example , a tea in the hotel coffee shop is Euro 3.00 whereas our hotel and restaurants in town were all Euro 1.50 or Euro 1.60.We stayed at the Hotel Park,( Euro 80-) which is a 15 min walk along the river , nice in good weather , but maybe not so in winter or rain. Hotel Park also has a mineral spa pool and treatments including massages ,but not as efficient as Irma . You do not have to stay at Danubius Thermia Hotel to use Irma Spa, it is available to ''walk ins ''

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Ken H
Reviewed March 27, 2018

Irma is probably the oldest of the islands spas, it has great mud facilities, but is not as modernised as some, but the treatments there are very good. Irma, is a very interesting building in the old style. Let's face it we come to Piestany for the treatments, and this is what they are good at. I first came here 25 years ago, and things have progressed a lot In those years .it was very grey and socialist when I fist went here, but I noticed a real step change in things when they entered the EU.

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank 5a1
Reviewed March 17, 2018

The building itself is beautiful and the bath would be nice BUT there is no price list at the entrance, and the reception gives misleading and opposing information. First day they said the day ticket was 30 EUR and you can stay as long as you like. The second day they said the swimming pool is only available with the 30 EUR ticket but if you want use the Mirror Pool and Mud Pool only it is only 15 EUR and you can stay for only 35 mins and we can only enter in 2 hours (we didn't want any treatments just to relax in the bath). Later it turned out you can't use the Mirror Pool with the 30 EUR ticket. All in all very expensive and very badly communicated. A pity because it is beautiful! Entrance only over 18 years!

Date of experience: March 2018