“Best in town!”
Review of Penzion Diana

Penzion Diana
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Piestany
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed for 3 days in June with my wife. The hotel staff are professional and were very welcoming. All of them speak in English and very helpful. I once asked them a iPhone charger and receptionist offered me his personal one. Ah, and breakfast. It was just awesome and even though we stayed in Vienna afterwords, we were still craving Diana's breakfast. They offer many home made stuff and I would recommend to try their dinner entries. Thus I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank mangarman

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed for 4 days in April.
The hotel was spotless and all staff very helpful.
Food was of good quality and there are plenty of good restaurants in the small town centre 5 minutes walk away.
Not the easiest to find initially but very quiet in location once you find your bearings.
We will return soon.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gfmac
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel has a pretty decent room with a spacious bathroom, a hairdryer, towels and bath towels of course. One thing I complained, shower is fixed. There are saunas (dry, steam and infra) outdoor pool with entrance inside a hot tub and a good masseur :) wellness and breakfast was included in the price which does not offer any pension, so we were very happy with everything. Staff accommodating. Breakfast buffet, a choice you really have a lot of kinds of food - sweet, fresh and healthy ... The center is about 10 min a walk. I have nothing to reproach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KatrinaByLilly
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Every thing about this hotel is excellent, I stayed here for four nights in November as I was having dental work dome nearby, I travelled alone and as a female was a little concerned about my trip. I didnt need to worry, The staff at the hotel are very welcoming from reception to bar and waiting staff they all made me feel very comfortable, even eating alone in the reataurant which was a first for me! The food is lovely and very reasonably priced.
Could not fault this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I always eat here when in Piestany, ordering the menu of the day for less than 5.00€ you can't go wrong good food at a great price.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2011

A very pleasant hotel, but we did encounter difficulties; because of language differences we asked for a meal in restaurant to be told there is no restaurant, there was a restaurant, but the girl did not understand our enquiry.
We found the safe different to ones encountered in the past in Europe, again because of language difficulties we never got to use safe, it was only when we moved elsewhere we found instructions written clearly in English, then realised what we were doing wrong.
The air conditioning did not work and when we rang the young man on reception he said he thought he was going deaf! Possibly he did not mean to sound rude? Possibly this was another misunderstanding due to language difference. When he knocked on our door I expected Basil Fawlty to burst in, but he was ok, but told us open window instead,unfortunately due, I think, to a nearby river we were inundated with mosquito bites, my face and neck were so badly bitten, there were no plug in repellant, we purchased them ourselves when a local person advised us.
The staff in restaurant were extremely pleasant and the food lovely. In fact I had the nicest creme brulee ever there and the best coffee ever.
The pool was extra cost but cost so little we did not mind; we enjoyed our massages we booked.
A new girl working on reception checked us out and mistakenly did not charge us for breakfast, the manager said as it was her mistake the breakfasts were free compliments from management. This was nice and helped make up for the 'hiccups' in other areas.

Room Tip: our room overlooked back garden where guests drank and chatted so could be a little noisy with windo...