“Very good restaurant”

Ranked #4 of 256 Restaurants in Kosice
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A unique style of the restaurant will bring you not only enrichment by new pleasure and tastes during your visit, but also will provide you with an unforgettable gourmet experience, full of exceptionality. The wine list perfectly prepared by a sommelier will fulfill your secret desires. In summer you will appreciate a pleasant sitting on the summer terrace.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This restaurant is very nice and the food are delicious. A little bit more expensive, but steaks are fantastic. The stuff is very friendly and professional. This is the best restaurant in Košice, which I visited. The location is also good, in the middle of city centre.

1  Thank rado m

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Probably the owner has changed , since I read reviews complaining about (1) the size of the portions (well, they were Slovak size!) and the communist area service (well, tehse were attentive and sometimes over-commercial girls) and the kapitalist prices (not at an average price of € 12,50).
At Valentine's day the restaurant was choabloc and they were turning the tables more tha one time. So probably the best restayrant in town.

1  Thank PieterdeN
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Late already for lunch (2:15 pm) me and my Wife we were very welcome by the wait staff! Drinks served, we made our choices and the kitchen was on the ball; onion soup served on a rustic bread, was my Wife choice and she loved it. I started with a tomato bruschetta and garlic butter, followed by a beef carpacio, well seasoned, however too cold. Then my Wife had a rustic salad with sesame stripped chicken, and I had the mixed grilled meat with gratin potato; the pork was outstanding, tender and juicy. The beef, without any flavor, but all in all, it was ok. Due to the tight laws against alcohol in Slovakia, sodas were the choice. Friendly and professional service provided in a mixed decor hard to explain the concept...

The price, a pleasant surprise, and definitely, we will be back. Best experience so far in Kosice!

4  Thank LuisSousaMarques
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I and my husband had wanted to visit this place long time before we really did. FIrstly, decorations, athmosphere and appearance of staff are excellent worked into a most tiny detail though. What I was a little shocked about, was almost no decent choice of food for a vegetarian!!! At last, I ordered some modification of formerly meat dish (pasta), but to be honest, coming to Le Colonial and having to order pasta for there is no other choice was a bit disappointing. To be fair though, pasta I got was excellent, better than I had at most of Italian restaurants locally or abroad! Portion was not too big, not too small, just right for me (as someone who eats little:)) My husband had fish and was happy about the quality too, but portion was too little for him. As to the service: ladies are nice, but very very slow!!! We were waiting for food forever and having realised how slow everything was, we decided to ask for a bill straight away, Bbut paying by card seemed to be such a huge problem for them that I had to come over to the counter to make ladies work faster as our child was already irritated, all of us dressed wanting to leave.. Service needs to improve I think.

1  Thank Ivana D
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've been visiting Kosice for the last 11 years and have been to nearly every restaurant in town - some good, some bad, and some truly awfull.
I am happy to say that after taking 12 members of my wifes family to Le Colonial last week for a christening party that I think that this place is the best in town.
Great food, great service, lovely atmosphere.
International Cuisine - well presented and reasonably priced.
A good wine list too.