“Excellent value vs. quality”
Review of Hotel Ambassador

Hotel Ambassador
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Kosice
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Excellent value vs. quality”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel is well located in the ctre of Kosice, room are very clean and well appointed. Breakfast is reasonable being included in the price, but the restaurant area should be airconditioned, or they should take care to tunr the AC on. The gym would help. Overall at less than 60 Eur excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Had an attics economy room and it was very good value.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Estera
AmbassadorKE, Manager at Hotel Ambassador, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
I would like to thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor.com. We are very glad that you liked our family hotel,
and hopefully it was not your last time here. We always try to do our best in order to make our guests feel comfortable.
Regarding to gym, I will make a proposal and we will try to figure something out.
We are looking forward to welkoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Cyprus
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel is the place to stay in Kosice. The hotel is well located in the city. It has an excellent atmosphere and both staff and management are friendly and willing to help you in any need. Totally suggested.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
In the name of the Hotel Ambassador****, let me thank you for choosing our hotel while staying in Košice
and your positive opinion. We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our family hotel.
We will always try to take a good care of you.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel Ambassador is situated directly in City center of Kosice. In fact it consists of more different old buildings connected together and renovated into hotel. Room I stayed in was under the roof and facing to main street. As it was nice weather the street was quite noisy also during night, I had the window open because I do not prefer air condition to blow directly on my bed... I am sure they have different rooms to choose from, so do ask by reservation, if you want quiet one.

Restaurant is quiet and nice, situated on ground floor. Did not visit wellness, although it looks nice from pictures. Parking is in closed back-yard, more than o.k. and free of charge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AmbassadorKE, Manager at Hotel Ambassador, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor.com and also for staying in our hotel.
It is a pleasure for us that you were satisfied with our services. We are looking forward to welkoming you back in Hotel Ambassador****
and hopefully you will have an opportunity to visit the SPA because I am sure it is worth to try.
We hope to see you again soon.
Senec, Slovakia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have rated this hotel as Average for only a few reasons which I will explain later, in fact if they could just make a few changes which I will mention then this Hotel is an excellent choice for Mini Breaks and Business Trips. (Make sure you read the point at the end of the review about SATNAV

Good Points:
Secure Parking, Central Location, polite and helpful Staff, reasonable room quality, Good breakfast (nothing fancy but reasonable selection), Nice health spa (not over the top but great to relax after a 4 hour drive)

Bad Points:
Noisy Fridge: This is something that needs to be addressed immediately as this stops you having a good nights sleep
Poor Shower Facilities: There is only an in bath shower from the Taps, not a major problem but there is no Shower Screen which means most of the water ends up on the floor, I believe that a little investment in the off season to create walk in showers would then greater reflect your 4 star listing.
Secure Parling: yes it appears as a good and bad point, the reason for it appearing as a bad point is that you need to exit the car to press the entrance button and both due to the lack of space on the road and the fact that when i was there for one trip there was heavy rain so I was soaked this is not ideal and they should look at a new solution.

Again please do not take my negative comments as a reason not to select this Hotel for your stay over all it is a very execellent, and perfect base for both business and pleasure being rightin the centre of Kosice with the main walking area just outside the main door. It is only the few little points that stopped me giving a 5 Point Rating. These were also a little frustrating as there are lesser quality hotels with these facilities.

One more important point if you use SATNAV becareful as this will lead you to the main entrance which is in the walking area, the parking is in the rear so call ahead for a local map.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
First of all, let me thank you for choosing our hotel while staying in Košice and sharing your opinion on tripadvisor.com.
In terms of above-mentioned negatives, we will avoid them as soon as possible, and during your next stay
you will be offered to stay in a room having a bathtub and a refrigerator that will not disturb you while sleeping.
Refering to parking, we will figure something out in order to facilitate entry into the hotel.
We are aware that there is always something to improve, and in the name of the Hotel Ambassador**** I promise, we will do our best.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I spent 8 nights at this hotel but having a hotel and restaurant management background I look at things with a professional critical eye. There was one thing I did not like right away: upon my arrival the receptionist tried to cheat me out of my single deluxe room by giving me a double standard room (Nr. 310). After I complained, that this is not what I paid for, my room suddenly re-appeared in her computer and she was pretending doing me a great favour. Strange behaviour, given that there is only ONE single deluxe room (Nr. 209) that I had booked a long time ago for myself. I suggest you check the category of your room on the posting on the wall to the left of the reception desk together with the max. rack rates. The second thing I did not like for a 4 star hotel that I had to "schlepp" all my heavy luggage from the car to the room and back (2 trips each time). There was no help offered, no bellboy, porter or concierge, I had to ask for a kitchen trolley.
Most rooms look into an inner courtyard so there is not much day-light. Also, you can hear the maids and staff talking any time of the day (especially upon arrival at 6 AM) and the worst are high heels on the hard tiled floor. Since we are on the topic of floors: be very careful when you get out of the shower, make sure you use the step-up towel or the tiles are dangerously slippery (I did fall down). There was just a tiny can for garbage in the bathroom, none in the room. Lastly, the Air Conditioning; it worked fine 8 AM to 8 PM with remote control, however, during the night they have some kind of a central override which stops cooling and only the ventilator works. The receptionists tried to tweak it several times from their PC screen but to no avail. So get ready for very warm nights (in summer) and due to the noise and echo, you certainly do not want to open your windows either. Now for the good: the hotel is ultra-modern, and still being expanded. Rooms are big and the bathrooms even bigger and always spotlessly clean. This hotel offers state of the art flat screen TV's. Their Restaurant Diplomat offers excellent cuisine and Cafe Bayer serves the best espresso in the city You can also enjoy drinks and food under big umbrellas on the sidewalk since this is a pedestrian zone. Ambassador offers both Ethernet and wireless internet connection at no charge. The parking area entrance is from the rear (Kovacska ul.) next to the Tesco and is free. The staff was very professional, polite and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
AmbassadorKE, Manager at Hotel Ambassador, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Stefan,

let me thank you in the name of the Hotel Ambassador**** for your review. In the terms of criticism, I apologize and admit the mistakes.
Since we are family 4* hotel and it is our pleasure to take care of our guests to feel comfortable, we are going to eliminate the errors
occured as soon as possible. As a manager, I am going to have a talk with the staff in order to improve our services provided.
Let me also thank you for the positive opinion. We are glad that you enjoyed our cuisine and we will try to maintain the same level or higher of it.
Hopefully this was not your last time spent in Hotel Ambassador**** and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel was very nice, comfortable and clean. I am stable visitor and every time I am very satissfied. Staff is proffesional, rooms are clean and big enough. The position is great, because it is in city center, so everything is close. Rooms are quiet enough, even when it is in city center.

Room Tip: Rooms in new part are more expensive, but more comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AmbassadorKE, Manager at Hotel Ambassador, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit and that you were pleased with the hotel and excellent services received from our colleagues. Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team at Ambassador Hotel to continue providing the best service experience.

I will be sure to share you kind feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Ambassador the previous month with my wife.We stayed for 2 nights and we were surprisingly satisfied. It was the first time in Kosice but definitely not the last time. Wonderful, big and always clean rooms and wonderful cuisine. The positive was that staff was bilingual so there was no problem with communication, nice and helpful. The taxi was already at the airport when we arrived, the room delivery service was good and hotel SPA as well. There is noting to aproach. Don't hesitate to take a trip!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nathan C
AmbassadorKE, Manager at Hotel Ambassador, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. I’m happy to hear our front desk agents made your stay more comfortable. I’ll pass it on. Thanks for choosing Ambassador Hotel. We hope to see you again soon!