All reviews one night city centre nice hotel railway and bus stations other hotels short stay min walk double room business trip towels reception web cooling
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

I have to say that i am very satisfied, hotel is clean, is situated in the quite part of the city centre. It is amazing place With smiling staff. breakfast are made from local farmer. For sure i ll used that hotel other time too

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank MichaelaR836
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Booking a room should have prepared me for unexpected events; the website kept crashing when my wife tried to make the reservation so I sent them an email requesting a room of our choice. They replied the next day but luckily we were able to go around the unexplainable maze of web reservation, so I replied that the problem has solved itself, thanks anyway.

Oh but this is where the language barrier hit us. They thanked me for my reservation, notably more expensive than the one my wife had done earlier. I had to reply in capital letters that no, I have NOT made a reservation so please delete that and let my wife keep hers. No reply, so we were anxious upon arrival.

Walking from Kosice train station was somewhat of a cultural shock, coming straight from Vienna; passing the post delivery center and several communist-era buildings that had aged respectively, we had very low expectations. The hotel wasn't far, though. The good thing was that we got our room earlier than the regular check-in, probably because we were pretty much the only ones there. Got into the room with one keycard (there were two of us) in the boiling 32 degrees Celsius, just to notice that although we assumably booked a room with AC, there was a medium-sized fan, barely post-communist-era located just a bit too far from the bed. Alright, don't let it be a problem. We headed out to seek a place for brunch before a wedding we were attending.

Strolling through the ghetto-ish surroundings we shortly arrived to the city center and boy, we were surprised. Such a beautiful, clean city with amazing architecture. We soon figured out why our hotel was cheaper than the ones located in the center. That's fair, though.

Brunch was good so we headed back to get ready for the wedding. Nice, fluffy towels and a sign that said something like "please re-use your towels, we only change the ones on the floor". We hung our towels on the rack but left one dirty on the floor since we walked over it while getting ready and there were loads of hair & makeup chemicals in the atmosphere. As my wife did her endless makeup routine, I rotated with the fan to catch a bit of the whiff of somewhat cooler air than what surrounded me inside and outside. I even got an iron for my shirt upon request, although there was a line for it since they only had one. Promised to be really fast so they kindly borrowed me the iron.

The wedding was also nice, as much as I recall.

As we came back and I came from the shower, talking to my wife who was already lying in bed, browsing her phone, I noticed a very large spider above the bed and hence above my very arachnophobic wife. Illusion skill 100, I continued the conversation while completely grossed out by the eight-legged monstrosity on the wall while scanning for an item to smash it with like a true viking that I am. Almost. Took my flip-flop and BOOM, no more spider, just a carcass on the floor. We were hoping that there wouldn't be any cockroaches to "clean it up".

In the morning we had a good breakfast at the hotel, thumbs up. After that we chilled a while in our room, synchronizing our moves with the rotating fan when a cleaning lady knocked on the door. I apologized and told her that we are heading out in an hour, so she may do her work after that. Done as promised.

As we came back, the beds were made, but...
- The spider carcass was still where I left it as a warning for others
- The dirty towel was still on the floor

She may have startled upon the sight of that ungodly, hideous beast that I had slain the night before and left unexpectedly or another spider may have consumed her body and taken her cleaning cart to its lair, guess we'll never know.

Time to check out and walk through the communist ghetto back to the railway station. The checkout was fast, we just left the only keycard at the reception and waved goodbye. It was a short stay so what the heck, we'll manage with what we've been given.

If you like to stay on the outskirts of the city, highly recommended. If you seek thrills in arachnid form, you might be lucky. This hotel offers you a reasonable bed and breakfast with reasonable prices, reasonably close to city center.

Room tip: Nice and peaceful hotel just a 10-minute walk away from the center
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sakari K
Reviewed January 25, 2018

+ great staff in the lead with the MOD (or directer) manager who greet me all the time, this does not happen very often, well done
+ big warm room
+ very rich breakfast
+ free wi-fi
+ food in the restaurant has a very good pricing policy

- paid parking
- restaurant food needs a smaller portions and more attention to details

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2018

There were twelve of us from Australia who decided to spend a White Christmas in Kosice-my native city. The problem was the Christmas Eve traditional dinner. All restaurants are closed for the Christmas. Lucky for me- the organiser of the family trip- we found DALIA hotel.
This is our experience during one week stay:
It was like home away from home. Its location perfect to the Railway and Bus stations and 10min. walk to the centre of the city. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, perhaps some beds a little harder than usual, bathrooms fitted out with modern shower bay and being in winter the whole hotel was nice and warm. The staff at reception obliging and helpful, always there and speaking enough English to communicate. The breakfast was more than plentiful with a wide choice of cooked and fresh products.The management very friendly and very helpful.
The Christmas Eve dinner was a great success with designed traditional food. "Thank you kitchen staff for giving up your special evening to make it special for us." Even the heavens obliged with snow fall on the day. Very beautiful.
Only a tinny criticism goes to the "romantic room" Might be an idea to install blinds to screen out the light since the curtain is too thin to do so.
As for me I can highly recommend Dalia hotel for groups or families as well as for functions. Thank you DALIA and the management for a great and unforgettable experience. You couldn't have done more.
Jenny Williams for the family of twelve.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank wbj2018
Reviewed October 22, 2017

Stayed for one night due to business in Kosice.

Hotel has parking, and located on a quiet street - not quite in the city centre, and the street outside looks a little run-down (hotel is behind security gates).

Friendly reception, clean, comfortable and large room. Everything worked well, but felt a little old-fashioned / traditional in style. Mini bar was welcome and not too expensive, Wi-Fi was free & worked well.

Breakfast was continental buffet style with a few hot ingredients available too - excellent range of products, but the 1980's rock & pop music played over the speakers in the restaurant seemed at odds with the surroundings.

Value for money was excellent.

Date of stay: October 2017