“Excellent ”
Review of SaSaZu Bratislava

SaSaZu Bratislava
Ranked #96 of 1,455 Restaurants in Bratislava
Reviewed February 2, 2019 via mobile

I have to thanks to SaSaZu Bratislava for a great dinning. The food was great I have to say that much better than in Prague. Even the interior is much cosy and nice!!
Once again thank you for great food !!

Date of visit: February 2019
SaSaZu, Public Relations Manager at SaSaZu Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2019

Dear 374henriettah,

thank you for your amazing review. We are so glad and we highly appreciate, that you had an amazing time. Nice to hear you like our design of restaurant as well.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2019

Guys common, bit of professionalism from your side. Accusing your customer of lying is a bit over the top, don't you think? I was also there on 22nd December and the situation was precisely as described. In fact I did not want to come into this, I wanted to leave your place sad and not sorting your customer service for you - that is your duty guys. I ran a successful gastro-pub (called Anglesea Arms) in London for 6 years, faced customers in several other organisations but what I valued the most was the voice of customer. I never doubted them, even though I had to stand by the standards we have provided. That is fair, but accusing customer of lying? Wow, that requires an extra portion of arrogance. Guys, I did not want to come into this crossfire, until the moment you accused your customer of lying. Don't you understand all this is for you? This information is here to help you to reach the level of service that would match your food standard? Did you not get it that this information can help you to train your staff better so they can provide the service that your Prague branch can do? Take it as you please, but do not accuse customers of lying. That is poor. Even in Slovakia. Perhaps that is the answer why on busy night you were pretty empty. The whole night I was chatting and wondering how come that restaurant with such a good food and not completely over-priced (prices matched the level of food, not the level of service though) is so empty. I got my answer that night and was hoping you might get yours too and finally do something about it. We wished you to survive, we really did, hence the reason why my wife was writing, but I am not so sure whether you deserve it after saying your customers are lying. No need to reply guys, just think about it and do something about it, for christ sake.

PS: If you'll try to say for a change we have never been there, I did actually take few photos of your lovely meal, so please refrain from possible faux-pas of claiming you have never seen us. Sorry for being paranoid but I am not sure what more to expect from you...

2  Thank RobertV3411
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

We went there for dinner and had the best time. Service was great, with everyone speaking english and being very polite and helpful. Food was out of this world, from sushi starters to main dishes rib eye steak to curry sea food bowl. Ice cream for dessert was cherry on the cake! Highly recommended!

Date of visit: December 2018
SaSaZu, Manažér pre styk s verejnosťou at SaSaZu Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Dear Aleksandra M,

thank you for your review. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed December 28, 2018

We've been here 22.12. with my husband. In a first half of our stay here, there was almost no problem at all. We were the only guests and were served by everybody (hostess, three waitresses and a barman.. and kitchen stuff of course - why so many people btw???). We were interested in testing menu for two and were offered two kinds - we went for bigger and more interesting (and expensive) one which included 7 course meal (Taste of SaSaZu). Food was AMAZING, can't say single bad word. But after my second glass of tap water with my wine, which I was given with no problem, waitress came back and said I will be served tap water no more, because it's not allowed. And I wasn't - no matter what I said and asked the reasoning behind. Why? If you start with something, admit, you made a mistake and don't bother customers! OK, we finished our meal, had some more wine, and decided to taste second tasting menu for two - 5 course meal - I'm sure this is something that doesn't happen here very often, if at all (menu wasn't as tasty, but it's up to your taste, we simply didn't like it that much). Had some more wine (we tasted all the red and white ones that were offered by the glass) and asked for a bill. That's the point when our visit turned to something it shouldn't. We found out there were some mistakes and asked the waitress to help out. She was very arrogant, said that the first problem (they didn't charge us for less expensive glass of wine, but twice charged for more expensive one) was my husband's fault because he didn't specify his wishes properly and there was misunderstanding with some other waitress, not her (of course, because she didn't serve that particular glass). We know wines a bit and can tell the difference between regular and oaked (barrique) one so there was no doubt they made mistake just on the bill but no, she went on and on and refuse to change it... I don't understand how this stupid silly thing can happen in such hi-profile restaurant! But that wasn't all, we were charged for something we didn't understand. She explained, that because one of their courses in their tasting menu FOR TWO PEOPLE (!!!) consists of portion of three peaces of bombai butter chicken, they simply added fourth portion because we were two people eating... Without telling us in advance. And then they charged us for it. They had no problem with serving us 5 pieces Hanoi Shrimps or 5 pieces of SaSaZu Fillet, but 3 pieces is something we can't deal with as a couple??!?!!! And then being charged for it on the top???? This is unacceptable. I don't care about that couple of Euros we've paid wrongfully (on the top of more than 220€ we left there for our stay), it's the taste of bitterness and injustice we were leaving with. If I would do any of this in the restaurant I worked for in London back in the days, I wouldn't have the job the next day, I'm sure of it. If this restaurant was anywhere else in the world with this kind of approach to the customers, it would't exist anymore. No matter how good food was there, I'm not going to come back nor recommend this restaurant to anyone.

3  Thank GlobeTrotting813662

Dear Mrs GlobeTrotting813662,

first of all thank you for your review.

If you feel touched because from your point of view we did something wrong, then please accept our apologies.
We spoke about this situation with our staff and not everything you mentioned above is true. Our staff informed you kindly in advance about everything.
There is no need to spread bad feedback about us especially when it is not truth.

Thank you!

Have a nice day.

SaSaZu Team!

Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant quite late in the evening, around 9:30pm and were seated very quickly.
We chose a bottle of red from the extensive wine menu and ordered a Thai curry each.

The waitress then came over with a lime leaf and hot towels to cleanse our hands. I’m not a regular in upmarket restaurants so not sure if this is something that happens other places?!

The food then arrived and it was perfect, one of the best meals I’ve had.

We ordered the chocolate fondant (amazing) and coconut tiramisu (underwhelming) for dessert.

Throughout our meal the staff checked up on us and poured our drinks. They were very attentive and polite even though it was fairly busy.

The atmosphere of the place was strange, it’s like a nightclub crossed with a Thai restaurant. Certainly stands out from most places but I just don’t get it!

Date of visit: October 2018
SaSaZu, Manažér pre styk s verejnosťou at SaSaZu Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

Dear amymadd,

thank you for your positive feedback, we really appreciate it. We are glad, that you liked our meals and had a pleasant time at our restaurant.
We try to do our best to fully satisfied your needs and requests.
Hope you will come to visit again.