“Great non-smoking restaurant in Bratislava!”
Review of Cafe Verne

Cafe Verne
Ranked #85 of 1,175 Restaurants in Bratislava
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Staré Mesto
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great non-smoking restaurant in Bratislava!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We tried this place during a stop for lunch on a road trip and were not disappointed. There were 8 in our party (including four children). It is a NON-smoking restaurant, which is so hard to find in this part of the world. We were seated quickly, and had our food within 20 minutes. From soup to goulash to chicken, it was all hot, fresh and delicious. There wasn't one bit left on any plate. For lunch, and for what we got, (including drinks), it was incredibly reasonable. I highly reccomended it!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank davenpd

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
West Witton, United Kingdom
“Cute restaurant in a nice part of town”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I didn't have a meal here, so cannot comment on the quality of the food. However every meal that passed my table looked delicious, the menu is extensive and interesting, and I've only heard good things about the food here.
My friends and I stopped here for coffee and cake. It's in a lovely part of town. Unfortunately there were no seats available outside but it was very comfy and nicely decorated inside. I opted for tiramisu and an iced coffee - which turned out to be coffee with ice cream and cream! - which was the perfect treat after a day of cycling around the city on a summer's day. The tiramisu was the nicest I tried while I was in Bratislava. One of my companions ordered pancakes with cream and chocolate sauce which were HUGE, and delicious!
The service was a bit patchy but the staff were friendly enough, and quite patient while we all faffed around gathering up bits and bobs of change to pay with. Prices were decent, not the cheapest in Bratislava but certainly not the most expensive.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank EmdawgB
Bratislava, Slovakia
“My favorite cafe restaurant”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Nice and clean place with Jules Verne novels theme decoration. Excellent food for excellent price. Even the table wine is very good quality. It is a good place to go with friends as You can have some food, drinks and relax at good music.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sevedge
“Lovely local find”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Located in the heart of town had a lunch here in great surroundings and great value for money. Service was quick and food hot.

“My favourite restaurant in my home town!!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Located in town centre, in the middle of Hviezdoslavovo square, this is an ultimate place to eat and have a glass of wine any time of the year, especially in Summer, when the terrace is open and you can enjoy your meal in the sun. The cuisine is really like home cooked + they make really good tiramisu. This restaurant is always a good choice.

Visited December 2012