“Good experience”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good experience. The place is quite nice and authentic, placed close to the castle and with traditional food. I went for the duck experience starting with warm duck liver (foies gras) and then with half roasted duck (very generous portion). Excellent dunai wine. Pricing ok, although almost at international pricing (35€ each) with average second course at 16€.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great lunch at Modra Hviezda!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Delicious meal...never been to Bratislava nor have I tried Slovakian food before, but this was actually good. Would recommend to anyone traveling here for a nice meal.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank wendy5o4
New York City, New York
“Great service to bad i cant say the same about meal,”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was there with my family of 5 with small child.Service was very good,Nice People unfortunately I cant say that about the meal.Small portions and quite expensive,
Not sure,but my wife ordered deer and it supposed to be a dark meet but instead was very light which we doubt it was deer.Steak i had was OK.

• Visited December 2012
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great service, cosy atmosphere”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was a restaurant I think I ate in many years ago. If not it was one very similar (convinced this one though!). Food as good as, if not better than I remembered.

This is a lovely little restaurant and worth hunting out. The ambience is good - cosy, nicely lit. Excellent menu and wine list (although the wine is pricey - particularly if the waiter steers you towards the local Slovakian wine - which was excellent though!)

My starter was roasted chicory, main wild boar with orange sauce and the most incredible potato puree and I had to have the semolina pudding for dessert. All were the best food we had on our holiday.

The service was attentive and when we left, we were offered discount vouchers (but unfortunately it was our last day).

Definitely eat here when in Bratislava!

• Visited December 2012
Chester
“Shut the parrot up”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Chanced upon this place on the way back from the castle. Lovely quirky old restaurant. I had wild boar, my wife gypsy chop, both were delicious and the service was good. There were several different dining areas, we were tucked away in a "cave" where they generously allow you to take "free photos"!! I've marked the place down slightly as they have a squawking parrot called Amber which never shuts up. It's presence is totally out of keeping with the rest of the place and is very annoying. Lose the parrot and it would be a perfect dining experience, free photos and all!

Visited December 2012