“Great service to bad i cant say the same about meal,”
Review of Modra Hviezda

Modra Hviezda
Ranked #13 of 1,295 Restaurants in Bratislava
Cuisines: Diner, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was there with my family of 5 with small child.Service was very good,Nice People unfortunately I cant say that about the meal.Small portions and quite expensive,
Not sure,but my wife ordered deer and it supposed to be a dark meet but instead was very light which we doubt it was deer.Steak i had was OK.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was a restaurant I think I ate in many years ago. If not it was one very similar (convinced this one though!). Food as good as, if not better than I remembered.

This is a lovely little restaurant and worth hunting out. The ambience is good - cosy, nicely lit. Excellent menu and wine list (although the wine is pricey - particularly if the waiter steers you towards the local Slovakian wine - which was excellent though!)

My starter was roasted chicory, main wild boar with orange sauce and the most incredible potato puree and I had to have the semolina pudding for dessert. All were the best food we had on our holiday.

The service was attentive and when we left, we were offered discount vouchers (but unfortunately it was our last day).

Definitely eat here when in Bratislava!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Chanced upon this place on the way back from the castle. Lovely quirky old restaurant. I had wild boar, my wife gypsy chop, both were delicious and the service was good. There were several different dining areas, we were tucked away in a "cave" where they generously allow you to take "free photos"!! I've marked the place down slightly as they have a squawking parrot called Amber which never shuts up. It's presence is totally out of keeping with the rest of the place and is very annoying. Lose the parrot and it would be a perfect dining experience, free photos and all!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I happened to be there during my visit Bratislava. Restaraunt is placed in the nice side street, I was just walking through Excelent place, atmosphere and food. They have menu in different languages.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Went for my birthday. Really nice setting and nice food, but the staff were ushering us out of the place and we were shocked that the bill was 90 euors with one bottle of wine and two courses! Shame but good quality food.