“Authentic and tasty”

Cuisines: Austrian, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

One of the most authentic experiences we had with locals popping in for a quick plate of soup. I tried the goat's cheese and pear starter mentioned many times on here and it was superb. Schnitzel was huge and beef and pork in potato pancake was delicious. Nice mix of tourists and locals. Closest we got to home cooking all week.

1  Thank skelghyl

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We ate in what one might call the garden of this restaurant, which was divided from an adjoining property by a small brick wall, about three feet high ! The food was very nicely presented and well served but in my humble opinion over priced. Noting also that the beer we were served was also flat ! The thing that troubled me most is that I do not like stray animals wandering round a restaurant, even if we where in the garden, while I am eating. Two cats appeared from the adjoining property while we were eating and remained the length of our repast !

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants in Bratislava. A delightful place with a lovely outdoor patio. The day we were there the place was packed for lunch, and we looked like the only tourists in the place.
My wife and I started with a salad, the smoked trout with apple-horseradish salad for me, and the grilled salmon salad for my wife. We then shared the Bryndzove Halusky made with a Slovak sheep cheese available only in Slovakia. All the food was excellent and the portions were almost more than we could eat. The prices were more than reasonable.
The service was outstanding, friendly,courteous, and attentive without being obtrusive. We "washed our lunch down" with a great local red wine and a bottle of Zlaty Blazant (Golden Pheasant) dark beer.
We wished we would have had time to go back for a second meal.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a must go place in a small city of Bratislava. We ordered warm goat cheese with a pear and an onion soup as starters. They were so good and delicious that we finished everything before even seeing our entree...portions were huge, so by the time we got veal with mushrooms and a portion of warm Camembert with fries, we could hardly eat! All dishes we had were lovely and all I regret was that we ordered so much food at once..portions are very big for 1 person, so you want to order less and share. We also had local red wine, which tasted lovely. Total bill was 33 euro, very cheap compared to the quantity and quality of food served at this place. Do go there, you will never regret.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice restaurant, with good food. Nothing so special but the people were really friendly and especially the chef who came to describe us the food we ordered. Prices....average. can be lower in the future I think.